New fido number blocks wind incoming calls.

Service interruption

An update for our valued customers: We know you depend on us and on April 19, we let you down - for this we are truly sorry. You won’t be charged for your wireless services that were impacted on Monday, April 19. A credit equivalent to that day's wireless service fee will be applied to your May bill. This will be done automatically & no action is required by you.

Click here to read more

Giota
I'm a Participant Level 2

Hello everyone,

There is a problem with my new fido number, it seems that the guys at fido can't help me so I will move to another carrier towards the end of this billing period. 

The problem is that every time a wind number tries to call me get a message that the number you are calling doesn't exists. I used several devices for my fido number and it make no difference so the problem isn't device specific. We tried to call from different wind numbers and I got the same message. 

I tried to contact fido via facebook messenger but they keep arguing that the problem is with the device (all of them???) and since my unlocked devices isn't certified they can't helped me. We tried to call them (I had to wait like 30 minutes), I explain the problem, he asked me to wait on the line for a few minutes and after 5 minutes he said somethink very-very quickly (I didn't catch anything) and before I could say anything he hung up to me. I also asked in a wind store and they told me that they came across the same problem last week, but the problem was assosiated with fido so the other case was solved by fido, I wasn't that lucky 😞 .

I have decide that I have to change carrier since there isn't anyone to help me but I really like if I didn't have to do that. Does anybody else had that problem before?

Note: When my fiance (wind number) tried to call me when he was out of wind home-coverage (I think wind uses bell towers in that case), the call get through no-problem. 

3 REPLIES 3
FidoMaria
Former Moderator

Hi @Giota & welcome to the Community!

We definitely don't want to see you go. Sad

Are you able to call WIND numbers? And have you been experiencing this ever since you've been with Fido? Let me know. Smiley

Giota
I'm a Participant Level 2

Hello @FidoMaria,

I can call wind, I can text wind, I can receive texts from wind but I can't receive calls from wind. Its not a device specific problem since we tried with multiple devices for the fido number (we even used one from a fido store) and the problem continues. Its with all wind numbers as long as they use a wind tower (if they are out of wind coverage, wind numbers used bell towers and I can receive the calls with no problems).

FidoMaria
Former Moderator

Thanks for the extra info @Giota!

I'll send you a PM so we can take a closer look into this. Smiley