New Voicemail Access

New Voicemail Access

New Voicemail Access

SOLVED
sheldance27
I'm a Contributor Level 1

New Voicemail Access

I  activated a Huawei P10 a few days ago and everything works except voicemail. I've been on the phone with customer service 5 times. Voicemail is on my account, my  access number is correct, and they've re-set the "Switch" for me. 

Every time I call the voicemail access number,  the woman asks me to enter my 10 digit number followed by the POUND key. This should not be  happening, it should ask for my pin and get me to set up voicemail. Nobody anywhere, CS or store, has any idea what is going on!

Help would be appreciated.

Accepted Solution

Re: New Voicemail Access

Solved by I'm a Contributor Level 1 sheldance27

The Facebook rep got it working! She "tried another way" of re-adding Voicemail and it worked. Thanks!!! This has been frustrating.

View solution in context
13 REPLIES 13
KAPABLE-K
MVP

Hello @sheldance27,

Welcome to the community!

It sounds like the VM system is not recognising your number and that's why its prompting you to enter your 10 digit Fido phone number.

Do you have your phone set to block your number? If you do then this will cause the problem you are having.

sheldance27

Nothing is blocked, as far as I can tell.

Make a call to another phone and see if your caller ID shows, when you said you activated the phone was it just a new phone you got or a new line and you ported your number over to Fido or did you already had the line and just changed phone?

Hey sheldance27!

How are you calling your voicemail? Are you presssing and holding the number 1 on your keypad or calling the voicemail retrieval number directly?

Does the same thing happen when you try calling your voicemail from another phone?

sheldance27

I've tried all ways. Using the 1 button, calling directly, calling my OWN number, calling my number from another phone. When I call from another phone it just rings forever and never triggers voicemail, so it MUST be something wrong on Fido's end. The phone reps, however, dont see a problem.

If possible maybe Fido can try removing the VM then add it back and see if it resolves the problem.

sheldance27

The Facebook rep got it working! She "tried another way" of re-adding Voicemail and it worked. Thanks!!! This has been frustrating.

Thanks for the update, sheldance27!

Happy to hear it was sorted out!

sheldance27

I had a rep try that, and still didn't work. I will also mention that when people call me and my phone is off, it says I am not avalible. Does not go to voicemail.

OK great! The other reps were probably resetting the VM instead of completely removing and re-add it.

Let's take a look in your account and see what's up with that.

You can expect a PM in your inbox soon. Smiley

sheldance27

I just called a phone   and my caller ID shows up with my  name and city, so that is working properly.

sheldance27

New line, ported from Koodo.