New Fido member and i'm already getting charged for Overuse data before I can use my phone

New Fido member and i'm already getting charged for Overuse data before I can use my phone

ajnojadera
I'm a Participant Level 3

Hello,

I just got my sim card after applying a few days ago. I transferred my number from my old phone carrier to Fido and when i put the SIM card in my phone there was no Data Connection, just bars. I've been restarting my phone and I called customer service three times to figure out the problem and nothing still. In one of the those calls, the representative told me that I went over my Data on the 15th which is when I got my SIM in the mail and I didn't put in my SIM card until the next morning. It doesn't make sense that I went over 3GB in less than 24 hours and they were telling me that there might have been apps that were updating but it doesn't take up to 3GB to update apps. They were telling me that the reason why there's no Data connection is because I went over my Data and I wasn't aware of it until the call. Also, each of those calls ended when they said that they were going to troubleshoot the network connection and nothing happened after. So as a new member of Fido, I just got this before i can even use my phone with a new plan. I wonder if i have to activate my SIM online once i put it in my phone. I thought it activates right away. Please help.

3 REPLIES 3
FidoPierre
Moderator (inactive)

Hey @ajnojadera

Welcome to the Community! 

The SIM card you received should have been active in this case. Can you confirm if you are able to make and receive phone calls? 

ajnojadera
I'm a Participant Level 3

@FidoPierre

I can make or receive calls. The only issue is my data usage and data connection.
FidoPierre
Moderator (inactive)

Hey @ajnojadera

Thank you for the information. In this case I would like to take a closer look into your account so we can check it out together. I'll send you a PM right away. Smiley