Never Received Bonus GB From Black Friday 2015 Promo

rjbax
I'm a Participant Level 3

I bought the iPhone 5S and a Fido Pulse Plan from Fido this past November on Black Friday. While buying the phone I was informed by the salesperson that because it was the Black Friday weekend I would get a bonus GB for the first year in addition to the 1GB already included in my plan, meaning I would have 2GB until November 2016. Up until this point I have never gone over the original 1GB included in my plan, but this past month I did. I did not think it would be a problem since I was supposed this extra 1GB from the Black Friday promotion. However, when I got my bill this month I received an extra usage charge for going over my data. I spoke to a Fido rep through a live chat tonight and was informed that the bonus GB was never added to my plan. I then asked if that meant I would have to go to the store I bought it from and was informed that I could but since the promotion was no longer on they would not be able to offer it to me. After speaking with the rep I looked over my contract and it did in fact include the bonus GB, however, the salesperson at the store had added it in pen to the typed out contract. Therefore, I fear that if I bring my contract to the store I bought it from they might think I tried adding it. It all seems rather sketchy to me and I was wondering if anybody knows whether or not there is anything I might be able to do to still get this bonus GB I was promised when I initially bought my phone and avoid paying the extra usage charge. I appreciate any feedback!

1 REPLY 1
FidoRachel
Former Moderator

Hey @rjbax, we'd have to verify your account to see what can be done. Don't worry, I'm sure we'll fix this.

I'm sending you a PM.