NETWORK/SERVICE PROBLEM

NETWORK/SERVICE PROBLEM

NETWORK/SERVICE PROBLEM

manrin
I'm a Participant Level 1

NETWORK/SERVICE PROBLEM

I haven't had service on my phone for over two weeks now. It's very frustrating as I am still going to be paying the same phone bill for a phone that I am unable to all or text on, nor receive calls or texts. I have called fido on my friend's phone to fix it but they referred me to a Rogers helpline for some reason. I don't know what to do if when i call fido they can't even fix this problem. There is currently no use for my phone, however they will be calling me a thousand times to pay a phone bill for a phone I haven't been able to use. What should I do. This is unexceptable and needs to be fix right away. 

1 REPLY 1
Cawtau
Senior MVP

@manrin wrote:

I haven't had service on my phone for over two weeks now. It's very frustrating as I am still going to be paying the same phone bill for a phone that I am unable to all or text on, nor receive calls or texts. I have called fido on my friend's phone to fix it but they referred me to a Rogers helpline for some reason. I don't know what to do if when i call fido they can't even fix this problem. There is currently no use for my phone, however they will be calling me a thousand times to pay a phone bill for a phone I haven't been able to use. What should I do. This is unexceptable and needs to be fix right away. 

Hello Manrin,

Welcome to the forums!

Have you never had service on your phone or did it start happening recently? Do you not have service anywhere or just at certain locations? I'm not sure how they are able to call you to pay the phone bill otherwise.

May I ask what phone you have and where you got it? Is it a Fido phone?

Where about do you live? Are you sure you're in an area of coverage?

Is your friend also with Fido? If so, have you tried your SIM in a their phone? Have you tried their SIM in your phone?

What do you mean by network service problems? No signal at all? Switches networks all the time? Unable to make/receive calls/SMS, etc? No internet?

Have you checked to see the status of the network in your area? You can do that here.

Sorry for all of the questions, but a little more information would be helpful to try to figure out what's going on Smiley Happy

Cheers