My phone shuts down and starts up by itself...

SOLVED
lisaragoo
I'm a Participant Level 3

I went on vacation to Cuba in April had no problems with my phone when I came back and had it on airplane mode the whole week.

I went back in November and had my phone on airplane, No problem.

However; 2 weeks later by itself the phone would just turn off and restart.

I called Fido they didn't know what this was.

I was offered a new phone but didn't want it as my phone had all my stuff on it and was not ready to part with it as I love my  Galaxy Nexus.

My brother suggested I factory reset.

Low and behold no more problems.

Until i went back to Cuba in April and it started doing the same thing 2 weeks after i came back from vacation AGAIN.

I have gotten rid of applications that I thought maybe trying to update and couldn't - thought that was the cause

This time I really don't want to factory reset b/c now I have even more stuff I don't want to lose.

However; I found that if I turn off my Wi-Fi and data my phone works just fine.

but it still needs to be fixed. Is there anyone out there with a suggestion or two that doesn't involve  me resetting my phone and losing my stuff.

Accepted Solution

Re: My phone shuts down and starts up by itself...

Solved by Fido Employee afterthefact

Why don't you just backup your files (photos, videos, messages, etc) to your computer using the USB cable that came with the phone?  Then you can factory reset without losing your content/data and then once your phone is working again you can transfer your files back to your phone.

Just a suggestion.

View solution in context
4 REPLIES 4
afterthefact
Fido Employee

Why don't you just backup your files (photos, videos, messages, etc) to your computer using the USB cable that came with the phone?  Then you can factory reset without losing your content/data and then once your phone is working again you can transfer your files back to your phone.

Just a suggestion.

BMG69
I'm a Participant Level 2

That doesn't answer my question.

BMG69
I'm a Participant Level 2

My phone is stuck.  All I see is the samsung logo as if I just turned on my phone.  How can I fix this?

Hey BMG69 and welcome to the Community Smiley

@Community: Anyone else experiencing the same issue?