My Biggest Problem with Fido Support

I'm a Contributor Level 3 ALISHIBAZ
I'm a Contributor Level 3

My Biggest Problem with Fido Support

My biggest problem with Fido support is that I just cannot understand about 80% of the operators who answer the phone to talk with me.

For the most part, they are all very helpful and very nice and polite. But they have accents that are so strong I can't possibly understand what they are saying.

I need to ask them to speak louder and more slowly but it usually doesn't help.

I was born and raised in Canada and I speak English almost all the time. I also have learned to speak French but that just doesn't help me.

I have no problem with people who were born elsewhere and emigrate to Canada. For the most part, I cannot recognize the accents of most of the people who answer the phone to try and help me. If my problem is a simple one, then I usually can manage to get through the conversation with no problem. But only one in ten of the operators seem to speak English with no accent and if I need to ask a complicated question, such as:

1) What is involved in switching from a prepaid account to a montly prepaid account?

2)What are the pros and cons of making such a switch?

When I need help with complex questions like the two above, I find that I must call about 8 times before I get an operator who speaks English with no accent so that I can understand them.

If I can't understand them, I just tell them that I have to go and I am very polite to them and they are likewise very polite to me. But after trying several operators, I have found that I then must ask my questions by email and in that way, I can usually converse with someone successfully.

I know there are people who train newcomers to Canada how to speak English with no accent so they can be understood by most of the public.

Is there nothing Fido can do to train their operators to speak English or French without a strong foreign accent?

I think that would improve customer service a great deal and it would also improve Fido's bottom line because it surely must waste a lot of money when people must call in multiple times before reaching an operator who speaks English without a strong accent.

Accepted Solution

Re: My Biggest Problem with Fido Support

Exactly! Basically log into your account, go on the MY ACCOUNT tab and scroll down and it should state speak to a live agent, you can keep a copy of the chat for your records.
View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 4
Fido Employee sheedy17
Fido Employee

It might be best to contact live chat by logging into your fido.ca my account page and speaking to someone there.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 4
I'm a Contributor Level 3 ALISHIBAZ
I'm a Contributor Level 3

Thank you for your suggestion.

But I am very new to the Fido website and I need to ask if anyone can confirm the assumption that "Live Chat" is when both parties use their keyboards in real time to communicate.

If so, it would seem to be a very good solution to me and I will click on "I Accept this Solution" if only I can find it.

Thanks again.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 4
Highlighted
Fido Employee sheedy17
Fido Employee
Solution

Exactly! Basically log into your account, go on the MY ACCOUNT tab and scroll down and it should state speak to a live agent, you can keep a copy of the chat for your records.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 4