My 6-month old LG G4 just died warranty?

SOLVED
will2km
I'm a Participant Level 2

It couldn't get better than this... I just arrived in LA and was about to drive to my hotel and my G4 just died. It stucked at the bootup screen with no response at all.

I haven't rooted/jailbroke/unlocked the phone, only a factory update from LG for Android, which was in Feb or March (don't remember).

Have been waiting for half an hour for a live chat without success...

EDIT: What ironic is the screen says "Life's Good"...

Accepted Solution

Re: My 6-month old LG G4 just died warranty?

Solved by I'm a Participant Level 2 will2km

Hi K,

Thanks for the info and hope. 😆 However, it didn't help in my case.

I did a search for bootloop and G4, and confirmed hardware reset wouldn't help in this case.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Flg3nZr6nU

But thanks any way. I talked with a rep and since my phone is still under warranty, all I need to do is to drop it off at a FIDO store for repair.

View solution in context
6 REPLIES 6
FidoAmanda
Former Moderator

Hey will2km!

We're you able to reach a rep?

Do you still need help with this? 

Have you tried pulling out the battery and trying to turn it on again?

Let us know! 

will2km

We're you able to reach a rep?

No. I stuck at " Connected. A Fido representative will be with you shortly (and by shortly I mean never)" page on live chat.

Do you still need help with this? 

Yes

Have you tried pulling out the battery and trying to turn it on again?

I did, several times.

@will2km I know LG G4 have  bootloop problem and LG admits it and will fix it. 

If your it just stuck at the boot screen then a hard reset might fix it, if you want to try it then do this.

Step-1

• Turn off your LG G4 or take the battery out and insert it again.

Step-2

• Now press and hold the Power+Volume Down button together for few seconds.

Step-3

• When the LG logo appears, quickly release the Power button for a second and again hold the Power button.

Step-4

• After that a Factory Hard Reset Menu will appear and then release all the buttons.

Step-5

• Now Press the Power button to begin and again press it to confirm. Your LG G4 will factory reset now and automatically restart. Wait for few seconds and All Done!!

will2km

Hi K,

Thanks for the info and hope. 😆 However, it didn't help in my case.

I did a search for bootloop and G4, and confirmed hardware reset wouldn't help in this case.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Flg3nZr6nU

But thanks any way. I talked with a rep and since my phone is still under warranty, all I need to do is to drop it off at a FIDO store for repair.

jwhit86

I also am having the exact same issue with my G4 - I'm still under warranty tho for exactly more 6 months, I've literally tried everything to revive it but it now doesnt even turn on   - I msgd LG support about it and they said it sounded like a known bug/hardware defect and it would need to be repaired.

can I drop my phone off and any fido location or does it have to be where i bought it? and is there a cost to send it away for repairs?

thanks!

Hi @jwhit86!

If you're still under warranty, you can go to any Fido store to have it sent out for repair. Smiley It takes a maximum of 10 business days, and you can get a loaner phone with a $50 deposit should you need one.

Hope this helps.

Cheers! Very_Happy