Multi SIM card for prepaid plan

SOLVED
Dinah
I'm a Participant Level 3

Hello

I am already a customer of Fido as I have an active prepaid sim card. I'm planning to buy a new phone and I want to use it with the same account, number and prepaid plan.

So I ordered online a multi SIM card, but when I received it today, It was just a regular SIM. (a mistake from Fido?)

I contacted Fido and  they told me multiple time that they cannot send me the multi SIM card because I have a prepaid account? I don't remember seeing anything about that when ordering it  online: (http://www.fido.ca/web/page/portal/Fido/SmartCard&lang=en)

So now my options are just go buy one in store and they'll credit me the balance to my account, or send it back for a refund.

Am I missing something? Can't they just send me the multi SIM card again

Accepted Solution

Re: Multi SIM card for prepaid plan

Solved by Former Moderator FidoRanya

Hey  @Dinah , 

We spoke earlier Smiley . Once again our apologies for this mistake! 

We'd love to send you a new SIM card but there's a few things to consider. First of all, the order was done through Fido.ca , in this case we can send you a new one but you will have to make a payment for it so that we can send it out. You will then need to return the one we initially sent you. Once we receive that one back you'll get a refund. We can't send out a SIM card without taking a credit card payment due to the fact that you have a prepaid account, as opposed to postpaid. Prepaid accounts do not get monthly bills and as such we're not able to apply such a charge to the account to be billed to an invoice.

View solution in context
3 REPLIES 3
KAPABLE-K
MVP

@Dinah Sure they can I see no reason whay they can not. A SIM card has nothing to do with a plan type. Hopefully a moderator here can get this fixed for you.

Dinah
I'm a Participant Level 3

So basically, I ordered a Multi SIM card from Fido website, I ended up receiving a regular SIM card instead, I ask them if they can fix their mistake and send me the correct one.

They told me they can't since I have a prepaid account, but what they can do is cover the cost once I purchase another Multi SIM card in-store and let them know. Otherwise, I can return the regular SIM card I received using the return label that was included and get a full refund.

I was trying to save myself a trip to the store, but looks like I ended up wasting more time for nothing... Unless the mods here can do something! (This is the last place I can ask, if I get the same response, I'll probably return the SIM card for a refund, then decide what to do after)

FidoRanya
Former Moderator

Hey  @Dinah , 

We spoke earlier Smiley . Once again our apologies for this mistake! 

We'd love to send you a new SIM card but there's a few things to consider. First of all, the order was done through Fido.ca , in this case we can send you a new one but you will have to make a payment for it so that we can send it out. You will then need to return the one we initially sent you. Once we receive that one back you'll get a refund. We can't send out a SIM card without taking a credit card payment due to the fact that you have a prepaid account, as opposed to postpaid. Prepaid accounts do not get monthly bills and as such we're not able to apply such a charge to the account to be billed to an invoice.