Moving to a new City within the same province - Keeping my number

SOLVED
I'm a Participant Level 2

So I've been to three fido stalls and they all tell me different things.
I'm in Vancouver and I'm going to move to Kelowna for a year and come back.
Currectly my number is 604 - xxx - xxxx example. Kelowna has a different local code

so I have to change my number into a local code.

Some tell me that I can keep my number but I just have a different local code ( 250 instead of 604 ) and I can keep it xxx - xxxx

and some fido stores tell me I have to change my number completely ( 250 - yyy - yyyy ). I  really want to keep my number and just change the code because I will be coming back to Vancouver and change it again to local.

Does anyone know about this? or I'm just going to get random numbers everytime I change my number .___.

PS. I have the $25 100 mins - Unlimited Evenings ...etc plan. 

Thank You Very Much!

Accepted Solution

Re: Moving to a new City within the same province - Keeping my number

Solved by I'm an Expert Level 2

When you change to a different area code, there is no way for them to guarantee ahead of time that you will get the same number. It depends on what numbers are available.

View solution in context
2 REPLIES 2
I'm an Expert Level 2

When you change to a different area code, there is no way for them to guarantee ahead of time that you will get the same number. It depends on what numbers are available.

I'm an Expert Level 2

the problem is 604-123-xxxx is a fido exchange but 250-123-xxxx may not be, thats why you cant simply change your area code.  some times you can get the exact same number with different area code, but there are lots of factors such as is the number exist with fido, is it inuse by someone else, etc.

i would just change it to a kelowna number and not worry bout it