Moving out of the country

SOLVED
astaubin
I'm a Participant Level 1

Hi!

I'm planning to move to the US in the next 4-8 months. My phone is 2 years old and on the fritz, I'm eligible for an upgrade but will need to renew a 2-yr term contract to do so.

My question is: what are the fees associated with cancelling the contract when I do leave?

Thanks!

Accepted Solution

Re: Moving out of the country

Solved by Senior MVP Senior MVP

Hello Astaubin,

Welcome to the community!

When you terminate your contract early, you would have to pay the Device Savings Recovery Fee (DSRF; see Full Details here).

The DSRF is equal to the economic inducement multiplied by the number of months remaining in your Fido Agreement Term divided by the total number of months of your Fido Agreement Term (plus applicable taxes).

In other words, DSRF = Economic Inducement x # months left in your Fido Agreement Term ÷ Total # months in your Fido Agreement Term + applicable taxes.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

View solution in context
2 REPLIES 2
Cawtau
Senior MVP

Hello Astaubin,

When you terminate your contract early, you would have to pay the Device Savings Recovery Fee (DSRF; see Full Details here).

The DSRF is equal to the economic inducement multiplied by the number of months remaining in your Fido Agreement Term divided by the total number of months of your Fido Agreement Term (plus applicable taxes).

In other words, DSRF = Economic Inducement x # months left in your Fido Agreement Term ÷ Total # months in your Fido Agreement Term + applicable taxes.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

KAPABLE-K
MVP

Hello @astaubin,

When cancelling your contract the cancellation fee varies depending on the amount of subsidy you got for the phone and the remainder of months left in your contract.

You will have to pay off the balance you own for the phone, each month the amount goes down. 

Again the amount varies depending on the phone subsidy and the amount of months remaining.