Moved to Canada with an iPhone

Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 2 Galdurfalki
I'm a Participant Level 2

Moved to Canada with an iPhone

I miss Hong Kong where my cell company sent me birthday gifts and I got unlimited calling, messaging and data for $35 a month.  The network there is nearly perfect; no dropped calls, rarely and outage and coverage just like the maps says.

I found FIDO was the best when I got to Canada and I have been waiting patiently for a plan that was similar to what I had in Hong Kong.

Does anyone out there know whether I can sign up for the monthly $35 FIDO plan for voice and messaging and then just use the weekly $7 data add on?  Can FIDO handle both of these?   And does this monthly plan come with a term contract?

I am currently using another carrier for the data plan on my iPad and it seems to work fine.  I am just saying that since the carriers seem to think that data and calls do not go hand in hand, maybe the calls can be monthly and the data can be ad-hoc or weekly?  Right?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 3
Highlighted
Community Manager (Retired) FidoErin
Community Manager (Retired)

Re: Moved to Canada with an iPhone

Hi Galdurfalki,

Thanks for participating in our Technical Community Forums, and for your suggestions. 

Our community is dedicated to technical issues.

Please contact our Fido Live Chat where a representative will be able to review the best plan for you.

You can reach them on fido.ca through the my account section.

Or, you can send us an email through our contact us page.

All the best!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 3
Highlighted
I'm Helpful Level 2
I'm Helpful Level 2

Re: Moved to Canada with an iPhone

@

Welcome to Canada.  Things here don't work like they do in Hong Kong although you should have received your present from Fido.  Didn't you get the new phone wallpaper?

$35, ha.......that's funny.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 3