Motorola Nexus 6

Motorola Nexus 6

Motorola Nexus 6

SOLVED
fido1432
I'm a Participant Level 3

Motorola Nexus 6

Hi everybody,
Does anybody know if Fido will be carrying the Nexus 6?

***Edited to add labels***

Accepted Solution

Re: Motorola Nexus 6

Solved by I'm Qualified Level 1

Nobody here knows any details on new phone releases. We know about it same day as it is shown on fido.ca

And if somebody knows (like some departement who handles this), they won't confirm until posted on fido.ca again

View solution in context
68 REPLIES 68
LB4

Ya can we get any info here?
Tjex
I'm a Contributor Level 1

I think it's safe to say that it's not coming, they are promoting the launch of the S6. Sad

NickFora
I'm Helpful Level 1

videotron have the nexus 6 i think i will switch to them

LB4

I really hope that's true. My trusty old Galaxy Nexus is really showing its age. Was gonna grab the G3 at the end of the month but I'll wait.
Tjex

I asked a Fido rep and they couldn't confirm the date. They either didn't know, or weren't willing to give out the info. Eitherway, why can't Fido just make an official annoucement, the waiting is painful. If it's not coming, at least we can go look for an alternative option.

HDVan
I'm a Participant Level 1

I was at Fido store in Alexis Nihon today and was gonna get the M8 but then ask when the Nexus 6 will come out and she looked in the computer and said around March 20th.

I'm gonna hold off and see. 

vicar204

Do you have an update? March 20th has passed and I was wondering if you heard anything.

Jeffrey85
I'm a Participant Level 2

Why then do they offer the iPhone at his launch date but not with the other phones? We are talking about technology here, 6 months is a huge difference in mobile device. As for spending $750 on a device while as you mentioned I have a huge balance in fido dollars make no sense... I guess Fido might not be the right choice for me anymore. I have always considered myself a very loyal customer but at one point you have to reconsider your choices. And If I switch, I won't go with Telus, Bell or Rogers... And yes I already found another company that carry the Nexus 6 at a reduced cost with a data plan.
As I mentioned in my previous post, I will wait one more month before making the decision to switch carrier.
zyx
I'm Qualified Level 2
I'm Qualified Level 2

@Jeffrey85 wrote:
Why then do they offer the iPhone at his launch date but not with the other phones?

Because iPhone users are generally fanatics and will pay anything to get the shiniest object with the Apple logo. The iPhones 5 and 6 are available (subsidised) only with a Max plan starting at $75 - like you'd get with the parent companies.

Jeffrey85

I still can't believe it... All other communication companies currently offer the Nexus 6.
I'm willing to give Fido until march to offer it to their customers, If they don't good bye Fido/Rogers!
zyx
I'm Qualified Level 2
I'm Qualified Level 2

All other???

Fido: No. Parent company (Rogers): Yes

Koodo: No. Parent company (Telus): Yes

Virgin Mobile: No. Parent company (Bell): Yes

See a pattern here? What do Fido, Koodo, and Virgin have in common: low prices; you can have a plan with data starting around $40/month. They are budget providers.

Parent companies: the cheapest plan you can get (with data) starts around $70/month. Do the math: going to Telus or Bell will cost you more than buying the Nexus 6 from Google at $750 and staying with Fido! (Unless, perhaps, you are using tons of data)

(And if someone is going to bring the argument that they can't afford $750 right now, I wonder how they can afford $500 more over 2 years by going to the parent company. Yes, I know about FidoDollars, but they don't have much value to Rogers, Bell and Telus, don't they?)

Yes, I too would like to have the Nexus 6 available from Fido, but claims that "all other companies currently offer the Nexus 6" bugs the hell out of me.

While I have absolutely no insight into those corporations, I would venture a guess that except for the top sellers (Samsung and iPhones), the parent companies willingly keep the high-cost phones to themselves for a few months in order to get those who can't wait to switch/stay with the parent company, which charges more per month and is therefore more profitable. No, I don't like it anymore than you do.

I'd really like to have the number of devices sold to compare how well $400 Galaxy S5 sell compared to much cheaper alternatives...

Someone claimed that Fido released the LG G3 already outdated: I note that the G3 is not available from Koodo or Virgin. Koodo has the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (which neither Fido nor Virgin has), while Virgin has the Samsung Galaxy Alpha (that neither Fido nor Koodo has). Yet all those phones (Nexus 6, Galaxy Note 4, Galaxy Alpha) are available from all parent companies. Only the LG G3 isn't on Telus' lineup as they have no LG phones, but Rogers and Bell carries them.

Automagic

The LG G3 was released in August 2014 in Canada. You probably won't see the G4 until August 2015 and even later on Fido. Not sure why people think this phone is outdated...

Considering Fido recently got the HTC M8 and LG G3 about 4-5 months after Rogers, I estimate Fido will eventually get the Nexus 6 around Feb-Mar...wonder what the price will be on a smart plan?
Tjex

@Automagic wrote:
The LG G3 was released in August 2014 in Canada. You probably won't see the G4 until August 2015 and even later on Fido. Not sure why people think this phone is outdated...

Considering Fido recently got the HTC M8 and LG G3 about 4-5 months after Rogers, I estimate Fido will eventually get the Nexus 6 around Feb-Mar...wonder what the price will be on a smart plan?

While it was August in Canada, the phone was released at the end of May, which makes the tech in it 9 months old already. The LG G4 has a planned release in Q2.

m-p_3

The current phone offers from Fido are really dissapointing.. Almost all the phones over there were originally released one year ago.

Not really tempted to upgrade or renew my contract.

Jay_Rock

@FidoStephen it would just be nice if we knew that if waited a certain period of time, the Nexus 6 would be available. It really effects our current buying decisions.
daido

been waiting forever for this phone to get picked up by fido. My SO has already given up but i have hope. Wish they would just say something about it, anything! Just want to know if I'm waiting for nothing here.
Jay_Rock

Looking to upgrade. It's either the IPhone 6 for 279 or this subpar M8 for $50.

I want the nexus 6 for $299. Why can't you make it happen Fido?

Rogers have it and Fido doesn't. Can you just be clear as to whether you will carry it and we should wait?!

Please.

Hi everyone,

We are listening, but we can't comment on a device that has not been announced. Keep posted to fido.ca or follow us on Facebook or Twitter for updates!

DCD110288

Jesus launch this thing already. stop lagging behind every competitor with your device selection. It's getting pretty pathetic.

LB4

Seriously is anybody from Fido listening? I think the size of this thread has shown there's enough interest in the Nexus 6 to warrant them carrying it.

And to the point of going out and buying it from Google. Some people like myself don't have $800 just sitting around to buy a phone but I do do have about $350 Fido dollars saved up that would bring the cost of the phone down considerably when signing up for anew contract.