Motorola Nexus 6 wifi calling configuration

SOLVED
csis
I'm a Contributor Level 2

I am using a Nexus 6 and am new to Fido.  I would like to know how I can set up my phone for wifi calling (SIP).  The SIP account details asks for username, password, and server.  I have no clue what am I supposed to enter.

Thanks

Accepted Solution

Re: Motorola Nexus 6 wifi calling configuration

Solved by MVP MVP

@csis Not at the moment because Fido does not support WiFi calling on your phone. Maybe at some point in the future.

View solution in context
6 REPLIES 6
KAPABLE-K
MVP

@csis The SIP settings you are seeing on your phone is not the same as WiFi calling that cellphone providers have. A SIP is a protocol in VOIP so to get the SIP working you will need to have an account from a SIP provider and you can use it over WiFi or your phone data connection.

csis

So does it mean that I can't have wifi calling on my Nexus 6? Thanks.

@csis Not at the moment because Fido does not support WiFi calling on your phone. Maybe at some point in the future.

csis

@KAPABLE-K, thanks for the quick response.  This kind of support is one of the main reasons why I have switched to Fido recently Smiley

@csis wrote:

@KAPABLE-K, thanks for the quick response.  This kind of support is one of the main reasons why I have switched to Fido recently Smiley

@csis You are welcome! 

I'm always happy to help a fellow customer.

Cawtau
Senior MVP

@csis wrote:

I am using a Nexus 6 and am new to Fido.  I would like to know how I can set up my phone for wifi calling (SIP).  The SIP account details asks for username, password, and server.  I have no clue what am I supposed to enter.

Thanks

Hello Csis,

As far as I am aware, Fido does not support Wifi-calling for that particular phone. 

Wifi calling.jpg

Taken from here.

While your phone isn't officially supported for Wifi-calling, you can try to enable it here.

Aside: I'm not sure if your phone is affected, however it seems some owners of that phone are having problems with LTE (see here and here). If your phone is affected, you might consider keeping an eye here for any possible solutions.

Hope this helps! Smiley

Cheers