Monthly plan change

Monthly plan change

Monthly plan change

SOLVED
khan1
I'm a Participant Level 2

Monthly plan change

So first of all I have been trying to reach a fido rep by phone but no one is picking up. I was wondering if it would be possible to change my current plan online. 

Accepted Solution

Re: Monthly plan change

Solved by Former Moderator FidoMaria

Hi @khan1 & welcome to the Community. Smiley

We're receiving a higher volume of requests than usual and are trying to answer everyone as quickly as possible. Your patience is appreciated!

That, said you can definitely change your plan online. Here are the steps:

1. Go to Fido.ca and sign in to My Account
  2. Select the phone number for a plan change
  3. Click on Change Plan under My Plan to initiate the plan change
  4. Review available plans by using the arrows. Choose a New Plan and click Get it
  5. Scroll down to Manage Existing Add-on's to Remove add-ons that are no longer needed
  6. Scroll down to Choose your new add-ons. Click Get it to add a new one
  7. Scroll down to Check out to confirm the plan change
  8. Review your Order by scrolling down. Check the Terms & Conditions box and click Complete Order
  9. Review the Order Confirmation page

Let me know if you need any help. Cheers! Smiley

View solution in context
11 REPLIES 11
FidoMaria
Former Moderator

Hi @khan1 & welcome to the Community. Smiley

We're receiving a higher volume of requests than usual and are trying to answer everyone as quickly as possible. Your patience is appreciated!

That, said you can definitely change your plan online. Here are the steps:

1. Go to Fido.ca and sign in to My Account
  2. Select the phone number for a plan change
  3. Click on Change Plan under My Plan to initiate the plan change
  4. Review available plans by using the arrows. Choose a New Plan and click Get it
  5. Scroll down to Manage Existing Add-on's to Remove add-ons that are no longer needed
  6. Scroll down to Choose your new add-ons. Click Get it to add a new one
  7. Scroll down to Check out to confirm the plan change
  8. Review your Order by scrolling down. Check the Terms & Conditions box and click Complete Order
  9. Review the Order Confirmation page

Let me know if you need any help. Cheers! Smiley

Ilovebobe

thank you. However the sole toon does not include the $60 for 10 gb plan??

FFFXI

Hi, I followed your instruction until step 2. On step 3 (Click on Change Plan under My Plan to initiate the plan change), I can't find the Change Plan bottom to click on under My Plan in my account. In fact, there is nothing to click on under My Plan, which is just a description of my current plan. Also, the FAQ page pretty much just told me to call in. Is doing online plan change still an option?

Hey @FFFXI and thanks for reaching out.

You can definitely still use Fido.ca for you plan change.

I would need more details on your issue.

You can't do the plan change even when you try with a different browser?

Let me know.

FFFXI

Hi Kenny,

I don't think it is an issue with my browser as I have tried two browsers with my computer and also tried on a different computer.

I was in My Account, Services, and made sure that my number was chosed. Under Services there are 3 sections: Usage Summary, My Plan, and My Device. Under My Plan, there is a section called STANDARD PLAN which detailed the Features and Extra Perks of the plan I am currently having, there is another section called My Extras. Other than those I haven't seen any clickable options.

I do have clickable options in my Services page. For example, I have Data, Talk, and Text usage inquiry which I could click. I also have "Report Lost/Stolen PhoneShop for Accessories, Refer a Friend, Retrieve PUKCode, View Fido Rewards, My Fido Mail, Send A Text Message" which are all clickable under My Device. However, there is no text line called "Change Plan" anywhere in my Services page.

If I go to Fido Mobile and click Select on the plan I want to switch to, I get a mini window that tells me to login, after which I get redirect to the Overview page under My Account with no mention of the plan at all.

78k7
I'm a Participant Level 1

Im having the same issue. I loged in with my phone number and I can make payments, see my balance and everything. I tried to call Fido but lines are still busy.

@FFFXI wrote:

Hi Kenny,

I don't think it is an issue with my browser as I have tried two browsers with my computer and also tried on a different computer.

I was in My Account, Services, and made sure that my number was chosed. Under Services there are 3 sections: Usage Summary, My Plan, and My Device. Under My Plan, there is a section called STANDARD PLAN which detailed the Features and Extra Perks of the plan I am currently having, there is another section called My Extras. Other than those I haven't seen any clickable options.

I do have clickable options in my Services page. For example, I have Data, Talk, and Text usage inquiry which I could click. I also have "Report Lost/Stolen PhoneShop for Accessories, Refer a Friend, Retrieve PUKCode, View Fido Rewards, My Fido Mail, Send A Text Message" which are all clickable under My Device. However, there is no text line called "Change Plan" anywhere in my Services page.

If I go to Fido Mobile and click Select on the plan I want to switch to, I get a mini window that tells me to login, after which I get redirect to the Overview page under My Account with no mention of the plan at all.

@FFFXI wrote:

Hi Kenny,

FidoMaria
Former Moderator

Hi @FFFXI! Thanks for the extra info. Smiley

Just to make sure that your account is set up properly, when you login, do you use your e-mail address as your username or do you use your phone number? Also, are you able to view your bills or do you only have the option to make a payment? 

Let me know!

khan1

Hey Maria, 
thank you for quick reply Smiley  I ran into another issue though. Since my contract ended and my phone has been paid off, I wanted to get the $50 plan with 2gb data and 500 mins(non fido pulse plan)  shown here http://www.fido.ca/consumer/mobile-plans . But this wasn't available on that particular menu when it came to changing plans. There was another plan (promo plus5 plan)  which is exactly like that one but it costs $55. I was wondering if I could just get the $50 plan instead since its pretty much the same as the $55 plan shown. 

Thanks in advance! 

FidoTerry
Former Moderator

I'll send you a PM so we can help you out with the plan change. Smiley

cancan
I'm a Participant Level 1

Want to change my monthly price plan

FidoTerry
Former Moderator

Welcome to the community @cancan

I moved your post since we already had a similar thread. You can learn how to do a plan change by yourself here. Smiley