Monthly plan change

Monthly plan change

Monthly plan change

SOLVED
AlexPoids
I'm a Participant Level 2

Monthly plan change

Hi there,

So I was just checking out the new pulse plans on the site and I was wondering why it was impossible for someone like me (who has been with Fido for almost 6 years now) and many more people to change their plans to one of those. I mean i'm not complaining about my plan, which I pay 39$ for 600 mb of data and 750 min, but why would new clients with the BYOP would be able to come to you guys and go: Hey I want the same plan as this fellow right here but add unlimited minutes and how about 1GB of data for about 40$. Of yeah don't forget to give me spotify premium and Fido roam while you're at it. Do you guys think that maybe it's kinda unfair to all the other people who have been with you guys for years now. I called and ask why, but everyone keeps telling me it's because the plans are only for people who bring their phone... But listen, that still dosen't make sense. So here I am writting this with hopes of someone to explain to me why it's impossible for people like me who would just like to have the same earnings as these people that would pay the same price for a new contract but with double what I have. 

Accepted Solution

Re: Monthly plan change

Solved by Former Moderator FidoTerry

Welcome to the community AlexPoids! Smiley

All our customers are eligible for our new plans as long it respects the terms of your agreement. A BYOP ( Bring your own phone ) plan can only be selected if you no longer have an agreement. If you're currently on agreement and on a grandfathered plan, you will need to choose a Plus10, Plus 15 or a Plus 35 option on top of the BYOP plan. A Standard will be considered a Plus10, a Smart plan will be considered Plus15 and a Max plan will be considered a Plus35.

If you want to change to a Pulse plan, let me know so I can send you a PM. Smiley

View solution in context
24 REPLIES 24
Brotherfluffy

How do I get that new $40 promo plan that has unlimited talk and txt and 4gb data?

@Brotherfluffy wrote:
How do I get that new $40 promo plan that has unlimited talk and txt and 4gb data?

Hello Brotherlyfluffy,

Welcome to the community!

Unfortunately, that promotion has ended. It was a limited-time promotion for residents of BC and AB that ended on Nov 21, 2016. 

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

Drewh93

I'm a university student and looking too downgrade as well, currently on a max plan but left my job to finish my the last year of my degree, every rep I talk too never listens they just force me too stay on my plan. Can you help?

Hey @Drewh93

Just following up with you.

Did you still need help with this?

Drewh93

Yeah I do

@Drewh93 Thanks for the reply Smiley 

Just to follow @FidoAmanda 's question, did they inform you of a charge if you decide to change your plan?

Let me know.

Hey Drewh93!

Before we can downgrade your plan, you need to accept the downgrade fee that will apply for the change.

Did the rep inform you of what kind of charge would apply in this case? 

WC37

Hi:

I had the Max Plan previously and paying $75 per month for unlimited minutes and texts plus 2 GB. I was told this means it would be the plus $15 plan. As a customer for over 4 years I won't be able to keep a similar plan. The Max plan included the Galaxy 6,7 and iphones. The plus 15 does not qualify for these phones. I need to upgrade to a plus 30 or 35 in order keep an iphone. The new plan don't seem to be grandfathering existing customers and are forced to pay significantly more to keep the same plan. Please advise if my conclusion is inaccurate and how is Fido addressing this. Thank you.  

FidoTerry
Former Moderator

Welcome to the community @WC37!  Smiley

Just to recap, if you're changing plans:

Standard: Plus10
Smart: Plus15
Max: Plus35

If you're looking to upgrade your phone.

Standard and smart: Plus10 subsidy
Max: Plus15 subsidy

Hence if you're looking to get a new phone and want the Max subsidy ( credit ) on it, we will need to change plans. 

WC37

Thank you for your prompt reply. Just to confirm I understand, this means based on the current plan, a plus 15 allows a $500.00 credit towards a phone. This can be applied to any phone including the Galaxy 6, 7 and iphones? If I want more credit applied to the phones, I will have to increase the plan. If this is the case, why does it not say so in the "i" and only on the plus 30 and 35 it specifies Galaxy and iphone. 

FidoRanya
Former Moderator

It allows up to $500 , however it could be less than that. Not all the Plus15 plan will give you a subsidy of $500 on a phone, that's for sure.

The subsidy with a Plus30 or Plus35 plan will always be much bigger .

Makes sense @WC37 ?

WC37

I think I understand, although not in agreement that it is fair to long term loyal customers. The bottom line is, to keep a similar plan that I enjoyed for years I have to pay $30 - $35 more. I guess changing the plan structure was one way to get the customers out of good plans. Too bad. 

FidoTerry
Former Moderator

Welcome to the community AlexPoids! Smiley

All our customers are eligible for our new plans as long it respects the terms of your agreement. A BYOP ( Bring your own phone ) plan can only be selected if you no longer have an agreement. If you're currently on agreement and on a grandfathered plan, you will need to choose a Plus10, Plus 15 or a Plus 35 option on top of the BYOP plan. A Standard will be considered a Plus10, a Smart plan will be considered Plus15 and a Max plan will be considered a Plus35.

If you want to change to a Pulse plan, let me know so I can send you a PM. Smiley

AlexPoids

Yeah trust me, i've been explained this to me many times but yet you guys still don't seem to understand the main aspect of this idea. Further more, you haven't been reading my message carefully haven't you since I pretty much explained how I was comfortable with my plan but was talking in a standard part of view of many people who think the same way as I do. Anyways, as usual with your company, you have failed to understand the meaning of all of this which proves once more that Canadian cell phone companys will never change and are just plain terrible. 

Thanks for the reply I guess but please don't think you can ask your friends to like your post just to make people think that you found a solution because trust me this isn't the case especially when I am not the only who wrote about this. 

@AlexPoids wrote:

Yeah trust me, i've been explained this to me many times but yet you guys still don't seem to understand the main aspect of this idea. Further more, you haven't been reading my message carefully haven't you since I pretty much explained how I was comfortable with my plan but was talking in a standard part of view of many people who think the same way as I do. ...

Hello AlexPoids,

Welcome to the community!

I'm sorry, but I'm not sure I understand your point either. First, you note it's impossible for yourself and others to get one of those new plans. @FidoTerry provided information as to how you and others may get a new plan, including a BYOP. You might however, have to payout any remaining balance on your phone/agreement for the BYOP only. That may or may not be financially feasible for yourself, but it is possible. Apparently, that wasn't your point...

We understand you are comfortable with your plan. However, I'm a little unsure of why you're upset about not being able to get a new plan (even though you can) if you don't want a new one...

Perhaps you're upset that the new guys are getting more than you? Unless your current plan is already a BYOP, it has a subsidy attached to it for a phone. All of the current plans list the subsidy as an additional cost. However, previous plans had the subsidy incorporated into the cost. Since some customers have their own phone, BYOPs have no subsidy for a phone. As such, instead of that amount (subsidy) going towards a phone, Fido can use it towards adding more value for the same cost. 

Once your agreement has ended (ie your phone has been paid off), you can get a BYOP only. However, if you want a new phone with your next agreement, then you'll have to add a subsidy.

Hope some of this helps Smiley

Cheers

FidoRanya
Former Moderator

Hey @KAPABLE-K

You're right, Standard plans and Smart plans are Plus10 and Max plans are Plus35 . That's when it comes to an upgrade with a grandfathered plan. 

@FidoTerry was simply referring to a price plan change. If you currently have a Smart plan and you would like to change your plan, you would have to choose a Plus15. This is not related to an upgrade though. Makes sense? 

I see, so grandfathered plans will be treated as follow for renewals

Standard Plan = Plus10

Smart Plan = Plus10

Max Plan = Plus 15

But If someone currently have an agreement on a Smartplan and want to switch to a new plan they will have to take the new plan with the Plus15 for the remainder of the term.

Yes you got it , that's exactly it @KAPABLE-K

OK thanks for the clarification. 

ggo
I'm a Contributor Level 1
I'm a Contributor Level 1

Hi,
I just wanted a clarification on something. I currently have a Standard Plan. If I wanted to pay off my device balance, I understand my plan would be a Plus10, but does this mean that when I renew and get a phone I need to pay $10 extra per month OR just that I can continue with my current plan but receive the phone discount as per the price listed for Plus10?