Month Service Fee Increase with Little Notice

SOLVED
danielko
I'm a Participant Level 2

Anyone else on the $40 bring your own phone plan? I just noticed my September billing increased by $5. Turns out they included a message on the invoice pdf saying they will increase it in the coming month. I use paperless billing to save paper and they don't inform you by email on somthing this important?! Is anyone else in the same boat?

I am also pretty disappointed with Fido in the way they go about changing phone plan prices a year after you are into the plan. If I had known, Fido was like this, would have gone with public mobile...

Accepted Solution

Re: Month Service Fee Increase with Little Notice

Solved by Moderator

Hey @chris43!

We regularly review and make changes to our plans to reflect the ongoing network and service investment. This is so we can continue to give you the best possible customer experience. 

That said, we always try to keep pricing as low as possible. Keep in mind that for an month-to-month services, we can adjust the price in accordance with our terms of service and let you know at least 30 days in advance.

Hope this clears things up Smiley

View solution in context
6 REPLIES 6
chris43
I'm a Participant Level 1

i have the same expercie,  we can complaint to consumer protection bc. I really don't agree fido did this to us. 

Hey @chris43!

We regularly review and make changes to our plans to reflect the ongoing network and service investment. This is so we can continue to give you the best possible customer experience. 

That said, we always try to keep pricing as low as possible. Keep in mind that for an month-to-month services, we can adjust the price in accordance with our terms of service and let you know at least 30 days in advance.

Hope this clears things up Smiley

nick67
I'm Qualified Level 3

I do agree there should be more detail in the emails regarding important upcoming changes. Example: when FidoDollars were being phased out...this appear on one monthly invoice and was not mentioned again unless the customer investigated more on google, etc. Paulo said "Fido can not send certain details via email" why not? If the emails were general notification only for privacy, why does it have my amount due in the email...that's customer details aka not general?

Point in case, Netflix recently increased their fees. I received TWO SEPARATE emails from Netflix; (1) discussing in general the fees increasing and (2) one specifically addressing my service plan and the new fee for me. Very transparant from Netflix.

Another example is Cogeco: they also increased their fees on certain services Sept 1. We received a separate mailing discussing the fee increases. I just think Fido could do a little more in communicating about important account changes. I get enough emails from Fido about Fido MasterCard pre-approvals and never one about, for example, the FidoDollars I actually cared about.

Artemyst1
I'm a Participant Level 1

I totally agree with nick67. Fido is not being transparent like Netflix and other companies. I wonder if all plans have a $5 increase or only this 4GB $40 plan. I’m quite upset with Fido. If Fido send out a notification to check our bills as plan price will change and at least 45 days in advance, it would be much appreciated. 

Paolo
I'm an Expert Level 2

Every phone company increases the fees from time to time, so if you were to be upset and leave Fido because of it, you would quite possibly experience the same thing with a competitor down the road.  Heres the thing about online billing, they can not send certain details via email, only just a notification that your bill is ready, and its really up to YOU to read the bill and be informed.  By not reading the bill, you only have yourself to blame because they did send you the information about the fee increase, what else woudl you like them todo? send someone to your house and knock on your door and say "hey, check your online statement"  I think thats asking a little too much, they handled it very professional and properly by notifying you that you have a bill, there is nothing really to complain about in my humble opinion.

danielko
I'm a Participant Level 2

great. Fido have now become like the other competitors that you are talking about that increase fees from time to time. I've been on multiple Fido plans and never once did I have this fee adjustment issue, nor was my second line "adjusted".  It's a 12.5% increase.

I have only myself to blame for not reading the bill. you're right. it's just a email notification.

Just my opinion to make Fido a better service provider.