Modem return not refunded

ligui1
I'm a Participant Level 2

Worst experience of my life. Decided I didn't want Fido Internet so I mailed the modem back in the pre addressed package. Fido sent me a pre collections letter saying I never returned it. Was told if I didn't pay over $200 for it I would be sent to collections immediately so I paid. I then provided them with my tracking number and proved that I sent it. Now one month later i still have not been refunded my money, the representatives have been nothing but rude, and I am planning on moving to another company for my cellphone which I had been a loyal customer with for over 10 years. Thanks Fido. 

10 REPLIES 10
Trarback
I'm a Participant Level 3

Their customer loyalty is absolutely horrible I understand where you come from

Hey @Trarback

It's unfortunate you feel this way, we can continue our conversation in PM if you want to discuss your options further. 

Trarback

No thanks tried that and was basically told my only option is to take a plan if I want to use my new phone not even offered any kind of loyalty plan looking for better options else where

@Trarback

We're here if you change your mind. 

Trarback

Nobody has tried everyone says there's nothing I can do sends me a link to a bunch of plans I have no interest in taking so unless there's something you can offer nobody else has then don't waste my time as I've wasted enough and gotten nothing from it

Hello Trarback,

Did you not get the PM from @FidoKevin in your other thread? I'm surprised he wasn't able to help you. I assume you're upset about needing a new SIM. You should be able to just purchase a new SIM and then get it activated. If you are on a monthly plan, you can activate the SIM online. However, if you're on a pre-paid plan, you'll have to call customer service or have one of the moderators activate for you.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

Hey everyone .. I read your post all I can say is I'm sorry for the experience.. I'll tell you from the customer service side of things.. It gets busy in the warehouse. Call cx care and ask them to open up a ticket to the refund dept including your tracking number and see why this wasn't refunded back to your account. That's what happens when customers have same issue if they call me. Then also the delays are 5 days if you pay with pre authorized credit or 3 weeks to get a check sent to you. If online banking Final bill has to show a minus . I'm not speaking on behalf of the company mind you , would to see more details. I'm sure the mods can help with that

FidoRachel
Former Moderator

Hey @ligui1, I'll have to verify your account to see what's going on. Your tracking number confirms we received it? 

I'm sending you a PM. 

ligui1
I'm a Participant Level 2

Hi Rachel, it does confirm it and multiple representatives have told me that they see that it has been received. At first, one representative actually asked me if I was sure that I hadn't sent something else inside the box. How insulting. Then the next representative told me that everything had been approved and that the credit would be put on my cellphone account since I didn't have an Internet account, the next one told me that I would receive a cheque but wasn't sure when they would get around to signing it(and he said it's not possible to put the credit on a cellphone account), the next one told me that it would be put on my cellphone account also, and the last person I spoke to today actually told me that they had no idea about anything and that nothing had been approved. I've called every day for the past month, this is actually getting very frustrating and I can't believe I am getting this kind of service from Fido.

Thanks for the info, we'll check it out!