Mobile data not working on Samsung S5

bealei
I'm a Participant Level 2

Been trying to connect to my mobile data but doesn't work. No Internet connection. Call, messages are all fine. Only can't access Internet through mobile data. I tried turning it off, restarted but still doesn't work. Need help. Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Cawtau
Senior MVP

Hello Bealei,

Welcome to the community!

Had you previously been able to use data with that phone on the Fido/Rogers networks? Where did you purchase the phone and what version of the the Samsung S5 is it? If you purchased the phone from outside of Canada, have you verified it has sufficient compatible bands/frequencies? You can verify the compatible bands/frequencies here.

You note calls and messages work. Are you unable to use data everywhere or only certain locations? To which network is your phone connected? What signal strength is your phone receiving? Also, to clarify, do MMS work as well?

I assume you have data enabled on the phone. However, if the phone was purchased from outside of Canada, you might consider also trying to enable roaming data. Occasionally, some phones from abroad think they are roaming even though they are using a local SIM.

Have you verified your phone's Network Mode is set to GSM/UMTS/LTE (auto)?

Have you verified the phone is using the proper APN? Since the phone is LTE-capable, it should be using ltemobile.apn. You can verify those settings here.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

bealei
I'm a Participant Level 2

Hi! I got my phone from Fido & using Fido network ever since.  I always used my mobile data whenever there's no wifi available before & everything is OK.  But since yesterday, it doesn't work. I tried different location & still mobile data doesn't work. Cannot open MMS as it need data to open. I checked the APN & it's ok as to what you've mentioned. Everything is working well except the mobile data not working. My data limit is not even reached. Any alternative solution? Thanks

FidoJo
Former Moderator

Hey @bealei

We'll have to look into details by accessing your account then! 

You can contact us here or we can send you a private message directly! 

Let us know what suits you best!