Mobile data counter discrepancy

Fi_do_YYC
I'm a Contributor Level 1

I received a text saying I have gone over my data usage. 

So I went and checked the Fido mobile app and as of now, my current data usage for February's bill cycle is ~12.5 out of 15GB as per the table at the bottom of the Overview page in the Fido mobile app. 

However, the circle in the app shows I am out of data.  I also confirmed thru the Fido website that I am not out of data and that I have only used up 12.5/15GB.  So what's the deal here Fido?  

7 REPLIES 7
FidoKenny

Hey @Fi_do_YYC and thanks for reaching out.

In order to check your usage with you, we will need to have access to your information.

To reach our customer service you can  go through our channels here.

We can also send you a PM to go over this here on the Community.

Let us know what's best for you.

Fi_do_YYC

Hey @FidoKenny,

I will wait till my next bill and see if the error is corrected automatically.  If not, I will contact you for further assistance.

Hey @Fi_do_YYC,

I just wanted to add that the data notifications are sent in almost real time while there can be a delay of 12 hours for the most recent usage transactions to be updated on My Account the app or on Fido.ca.

If you change your mind and would like us to take a closer look at your account, you can contact us here or we can send you a PM on the Community!

Fi_do_YYC

@FidoClaudia

The situation is a bit more complicated than the delay.  I will wait for my bill to show up then contact customer service if the billing department didn't fix it for me.

Don't forget to update the Community about what happens!

Fi_do_YYC

@FidoAmanda @FidoClaudia @FidoKenny

Just received my bill and the system didn't correct itself.  Basically what happened was my Fido app showed I have 15gb for me to use in February.  But some time during the last week of February I received a text stating I have gone over my data.  Which I was quite surprised so I double checked via the Fido app.  It showed I only used 12.5/15gb.  So I contacted Fido customer service and the agent said he was confused as well.  It showed I have under utilized  15gb but it also stated I have gone past my monthly data limit.  The agent said the billing system may correct itself and that I should reply the text with 'Go' , to re-enable my data service.

But clearly, the billing system didn't correct itself.  So now I have to contact customer service and have the massive over data usage charge corrected.

Hey @Fi_do_YYC,

Thanks for getting back to us.

Sorry to learn that this has resulted in over usage charges on your account Sad

You can contact Customer Service to have this looked into or we could also send you a PM right here on the Community and check things out with you.

Let us know what you prefer.