Mobile Hotspot for phone NO INTERNET

SOLVED
kevangel
I'm a Participant Level 3

I'm on fido prepaid plan with the $30 monthly 1 GB data add on. My device is samsung galaxy s4. I turn on my mobile hotspot option, turn off wi fi and turn on my LTE mobile data from my settings and my other phone device is able to connect to this hotspot. The connected phone says signal is excellent but theres NO INTERNET. what am i doing wrong?

Accepted Solution

Re: Mobile Hotspot for phone NO INTERNET

Solved by Moderator

Hey @kevangel

The mobile Hotspot is not available on prepaid plans.

View solution in context
5 REPLIES 5
FidoPierre

Hey @kevangel

Are you using a Fido Samsung Galaxy S4? If you happen to be using an unlocked phone you will also have to make sure that you have the proper APN settings set-up in the phone. 

You can check out the details on how to do this right from here. Smiley 

kevangel

yes it was a fido samsung galaxy s4 and unlocked. i following the instructions regarding configuring APN settings for androids from here http://www.fido.ca/consumer/content/configure-unlocked-device-guide?cm_mmc=Redirects-_-External-_-Ma...

however i still get no internet on the other device connected to my mobile hotspot supplied by my samsung galaxy s4

@kevangel wrote:
yes it was a fido samsung galaxy s4 and unlocked. i following the instructions regarding configuring APN settings for androids from here http://www.fido.ca/consumer/content/configure-unlocked-device-guide?cm_mmc=Redirects-_-External-_-Ma...

however i still get no internet on the other device connected to my mobile hotspot supplied by my samsung galaxy s4

Hello Kevangel,

To clarify, are you using ltemobile.apn? I've always found those instructions confusing... maybe it's just me.

Also, when you set your first phone as a hotspot, are you still able to use data on that phone?

Additionally, are we sure tethering/hotspot is available for pre-paid accounts? Second-last sentence of full details: Excludes tethering (use as wirelessmodem)

Hotspot - prepaid.jpg

Screen capture taken from here.

Perhaps a moderator could clarify whether it is available for pre-paid please? 

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

kevangel

Hello Catwal,

Yes im using ltemobile.apn and i add that to the APN section.

Can a moderator confirm if prepaid accounts are excluded from turning their device into mobile hotspot? the fine text js not clear.

thanks

Hey @kevangel

The mobile Hotspot is not available on prepaid plans.