Mobile Hot Spot Not working on Verizone Unlocked Phone on Fido

anilmenon
I'm a Participant Level 1

I have Verizone Unlocked Phone (Samsung Note 3 SM-N900V) from USA and its working on FIDO, but I am not able to use the Mobile Hot Spot, every time it says, checking Subscription and then say Mobile Number Not found... Same is with Bluetoth tethering.... I checked up with Samsung and Fido , no help at all, is there any suggestions from anybody ... plese help as I need to use it time to time for Laptop connection on the go...

Anil Menon , Vancouver

3 REPLIES 3
Cawtau
Senior MVP

@anilmenon wrote:

I have Verizone Unlocked Phone (Samsung Note 3 SM-N900V) from USA and its working on FIDO, but I am not able to use the Mobile Hot Spot, every time it says, checking Subscription and then say Mobile Number Not found... Same is with Bluetoth tethering.... I checked up with Samsung and Fido , no help at all, is there any suggestions from anybody ... plese help as I need to use it time to time for Laptop connection on the go...

Anil Menon , Vancouver

**edited to add labels

Hello Anilmenon,

Welcome to the community!

I'm glad to hear your Verizon phone is working (mostly) on Fido! Others have had difficulties getting them to work on other networks.

With regards to your situation, however, I think it has to do with Verizon's innate hotspot software. The Checking Subscription would be checking status on the Verizon network. Since you're not on that network anymore, it returns with the Mobile Number Not Found. Unfortunately, the app is one of Verizon's core apps so it cannot be deleted. One thing you might try though, is to locate the Mobile Hotspot app in your App Drawer and see if you can disable it. People have successfully disabled the Non-Verizon Sim notification temporarily. It may also be possible to do so with the Mobile Hotspot app. Again, it would likely be on a temporary basis only. If successful, you would then need to download a mobile hotspot app from Google Play.

The more permanent solution -- or possibly only solution -- would involve rooting the phone. Once rooted, you could delete the Verizon Mobile Hotspot app. However, rooting can be risky and if not done properly could end up bricking your phone.

Out of curiosity, how did you get your phone to work on a different network (ie Fido)? Had it previously been used on the Verizon network?...

Hope this helps! Smiley

Cheers

@anilmenon

Try this app and see if it helps you. FoxFi

FidoTerry
Former Moderator

Welcome to the community Anilmenon! Smiley

Are you sure you have the right settings set for tethering on your phone? A member of our community was able to fix his tethering by changing the tethering entry to ltemobile.apn . You can find the link by clicking here.

Unfortunately because the device was not directly purchased from Fido, we can't guarantee that you can tether using your phone.