Mistakenly crossed day time minutes by assuming toll free numbers are not counted

Mistakenly crossed day time minutes by assuming toll free numbers are not counted

SOLVED
umairmarif
I'm a Participant Level 2

Dear Fido Support,

I am using 55 $/month plan that has 500 day time minutes. I was assuming that calling to toll free numbers will not be counted towards my day time minutes, Today when I checked my Fido account, it says that I have used 25 extra minutes. So, is there any way I cannot be charged for these minutes due to the mistake? I was continuously calling the toll free number of LG Canada support because my contract phone LG G5 (with Fido) is gone for repair to them for almost 5 weeks now. Due to the worst customer service by LG, I had to hold hours to get hold onto some Customer service guy.

Hope fido guys understand this.

Thanks 

***Edited to add labels***

Accepted Solution

Re: Mistakenly crossed day time minutes by assuming toll free numbers are not counted

Solved by Senior MVP Senior MVP

Hello Umairmarif,

Welcome to the community!

It is unfortunate that you did not understand toll free numbers. Toll free numbers simply means that there are no long distance charges associated with the calls. Airtime will always apply when calling any toll free numbers (see here). It's the same with any of the mobile providers. The only way to not incur airtime charges is to call them from landlines.

You should also be aware that some toll free numbers may include long distance charges when you are roaming outside of Canada (not included in Fido Roam or Travel packs) (see full details here and here).

I understand you were not aware those calls would still charge airtime. However, you did use the extra 25 minutes. I think you would still be responsible for those charges.

Hope this helps Smiley Happy

Cheers

View solution in context
4 REPLIES 4
FidoAlyson
Former Moderator

Hey @umairmarif

I'd also like to add that we offer several ways to track your usage throughout the billing cycle Smiley

If you'd like to go over the account and see if you can switch plan to one including more minutes, we'll be more than happy to help! Let us know and we'll PM you.

umairmarif
I'm a Participant Level 2

Thank You @FidoAlyson. What are the other ways to see my fido usage except the fido app and my account online? Is there any code that I can use to get the minutes left in my account?

Sure thing Smiley

You can dial *3337 at any point to track your usage without accessing the app or login in to Fido.ca!

Cawtau
Senior MVP

Hello Umairmarif,

Welcome to the community!

It is unfortunate that you did not understand toll free numbers. Toll free numbers simply means that there are no long distance charges associated with the calls. Airtime will always apply when calling any toll free numbers (see here). It's the same with any of the mobile providers. The only way to not incur airtime charges is to call them from landlines.

You should also be aware that some toll free numbers may include long distance charges when you are roaming outside of Canada (not included in Fido Roam or Travel packs) (see full details here and here).

I understand you were not aware those calls would still charge airtime. However, you did use the extra 25 minutes. I think you would still be responsible for those charges.

Hope this helps Smiley Happy

Cheers