Meizu mx5

I'm a Participant Level 1 Dong8552
I'm a Participant Level 1

Meizu mx5

Hi, 

I used the phone Meizu mx5 to connect to data connection to Fido. Why my connection is very slow comparing with LG G3 which having the same data connection to Fido?

Thanks

Accepted Solution

Re: Meizu mx5

I'm seeing that your phone is compatible with the following LTE frequencies:

LTE band 1(2100), 3(1800), 7(2600)

and the Fido network operates on the following frequencies

• 700 MHz on Band 17;
  • 1700/2100 MHz on Band 4;
  • 2600 MHz on Band 7.

Since your phone is only compatible with one of our LTE bands, there might be some issues connecting to our LTE network for the faster network speeds.

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 3
Highlighted
Fido Employee Frozen_
Fido Employee
Solution

I'm seeing that your phone is compatible with the following LTE frequencies:

LTE band 1(2100), 3(1800), 7(2600)

and the Fido network operates on the following frequencies

• 700 MHz on Band 17;
  • 1700/2100 MHz on Band 4;
  • 2600 MHz on Band 7.

Since your phone is only compatible with one of our LTE bands, there might be some issues connecting to our LTE network for the faster network speeds.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 3
MVP
MVP

@Dong8552 wrote:

Hi, 

I used the phone Meizu mx5 to connect to data connection to Fido. Why my connection is very slow comparing with LG G3 which having the same data connection to Fido?

Thanks

***Edited to add labels***

Hello Dong8552,

Welcome to the forums!

My thinking would be along the lines of @Frozen_'s post. However, I would add that it would depend on the version of the Meizu Mx5 you have. For example, this version from India suggests that version only has LTE band 3 which is not compatible with Fido/Rogers. On the other hand, Devicespecifications provides the same LTE bands/frequencies as Frozen_ noted above. It is worth mentioning that Devicespecifications also lists only one compatible '3G' band/frequency, band 2 or 1900 MHz. You can verify the compatible bands/frequencies here. While the phone would work on the networks, coverage would depend on the bands/frequencies of the surrounding towers.

If you know which version you have or the actual bands/frequencies of your phone, we may be better able to provide a clearer picture of its compatibility with the networks.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 3