Marshmallow update

Marshmallow update

Marshmallow update

SOLVED
wooleybear
I'm a Contributor Level 2

Marshmallow update

Hello again. I have read the posts and I have asked this question before. I was told the marshmallow update is available and has been for a while. When will it be made available for a galaxy tab a (smt350) tablet? 

Accepted Solution

Re: Marshmallow update

Solved by MVP MVP

@wooleybear then Fido has nothing to do with the update, if you are not receiving it via OTA then you can do it on a PC but you said you do not have one so its either you wait or you can do it on a friend's PC. 

edit: maybe you can try taking it to the Samsung store and ask them to do it.

View solution in context
7 REPLIES 7
wooleybear

Thanks for the reply K. My tablet is supposed to receive the update but I don't have a computer with which to use smart switch. Is it Fido that's holding up the update I wonder? 

@wooleybear did you get this tablet from Fido? I don't remember Fido offering this tablet.

wooleybear

No. It's an unlocked tablet purchased from staples. 

@wooleybear then Fido has nothing to do with the update, if you are not receiving it via OTA then you can do it on a PC but you said you do not have one so its either you wait or you can do it on a friend's PC. 

edit: maybe you can try taking it to the Samsung store and ask them to do it.

wooleybear

My mistake.  I thought that since I get my Internet from Fido that they might

have control over the update schedule. 

@wooleybear No its directly from Samsung, only Devices you get from your carrier you will have to wait for them to test the update before releasing it, except for the Nexus devices and Apple products.

KAPABLE-K
MVP

@wooleybear Can you do a manual update to see if you will get the update or install Samsung Smart Switch on your computer and see if you get the update that way.