Marshmallow taking forever to arrive...

Highlighted
I'm a Contributor Level 1
I'm a Contributor Level 1

Marshmallow taking forever to arrive...

Marshmallow coming in June...

Marshmallow coming soon...

Bull.

And this topic will be solved NOT when a FidoSomebody gives platitudes (I understand this is all Fido is capable of); it will be solved when I have up to date software on my phone.

I remain thoroughly disappointed with this company...

Accepted Solution

Re: Marshmallow taking forever to arrive...

Hey everyone,

Marshmallow has been rolled out to all of our Axon phones. Enjoy!

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 61
Highlighted

Hey @hapa99

We definitely wouldn't want to see you leave! While I cannot push through this software update any faster I would love to take a closer look at your account with you. 

I'll send you a PM right now. Smiley 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 21 of 61
Highlighted
I'm a Contributor Level 2

No buddy has offered to look at my account. All I was want to get rid of this Samsung phone and get on with life.

Send me a PM.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 22 of 61
Highlighted
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @Doogie87

I'm sending you a PM right now Smiley .

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 23 of 61
Highlighted
I'm Qualified Level 1
I'm Qualified Level 1

@KAPABLE-K Oh yes and if I hadn't only recently acquired this S6 I'd be buying the Nexus 6P from BestBuy and probably enjoying Nougat before Fido rolls out Marshmallow. I'm still tempted to do just that but I may have to stick it out and when the buyout is more palatable simply find a new carrier with better selection and timely updates. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 24 of 61
Highlighted

@Proac I hear you Android N final preview already was released some say that Google will release the final version this summer.

The rumour is Rogers is trying to get WiFi calling to work on this phone if thats the case I don't see whay they just don't releaset he update without WiFi calling and when they figure it out release another update to enable it. This way everyone is happy.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 25 of 61
Highlighted

I thought I would share with everyone the PM from fido.

Basically I got the bums rush from them. They said my choices are either buy out my contract or go buy another phone outright. They obviously don't care we stay customers or not. If I do either of those options I sure as H would stay with them.

I have a strong feeling that Rogers are going wind down fido and move the customers under the Rogers banner. No more fido dollars, bad customer service, etc. 

What do you think?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 26 of 61
Highlighted
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

@Doogie87 wrote:

I have a strong feeling that Rogers are going wind down fido and move the customers under the Rogers banner...

Hello Doogie87,

I don't think that will happen. Fido's target market and Rogers' target market are different. There's a reason the other two of the Big 3 introduced their subsidiaries -- to try to capitalise on some of Fido's target market. Closing down Fido won't drive those customers towards Rogers, it'll drive them to their competition's subsidiaries or other independent competitors. Not a very good business decision... 

Cheers

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 27 of 61
Highlighted

I see Eastlink and Sasktel released a new update that enables WiFi calling and still nothing from Rogers/Fido.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 28 of 61
Highlighted
I'm Helpful Level 1
I'm Helpful Level 1

It is outrageous at this point now, considering as an example using Verizon, they updated to things like WiFi calling, hifi audio and live video broadcast 8 months ago. The software engineers working on this must be incompetent. This must be the case considering how many smaller carriers have this phone updated.
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 29 of 61
Highlighted

FIDO should let us know what they are doing to the update, this would give us a good reason on waiting.

Samsung Canada can't do anything about it. 

i'm clealy going GOOGLE NEXUS when my contract end and i hate to say but IPHONE Maybe?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 30 of 61