Marshmallow taking forever to arrive...

Highlighted
I'm a Contributor Level 1

Marshmallow taking forever to arrive...

Marshmallow coming in June...

Marshmallow coming soon...

Bull.

And this topic will be solved NOT when a FidoSomebody gives platitudes (I understand this is all Fido is capable of); it will be solved when I have up to date software on my phone.

I remain thoroughly disappointed with this company...

Accepted Solution

Re: Marshmallow taking forever to arrive...

Hey everyone,

Marshmallow has been rolled out to all of our Axon phones. Enjoy!

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 61
Highlighted
I'm a Contributor Level 2

Maybe we should stop paying our bill. That might get their attention, especially if enough of us did it.
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 11 of 61
Highlighted
I'm Helpful Level 1
I'm Helpful Level 1

I thought of that, call customer service and say I will not pay until the S6 line receive it's security and OS updates.

More than likely they shut off the phone and ruin your credit.

Can't fight the corporate giant only way is to move your business.
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 12 of 61
Highlighted

You will just hurt your credit score by not paying your bills.

If you want to make a difference you have to start with Samsung give them feedback as to why you will never get a product from them.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 13 of 61

You are right. I have already called Samsung. My retailer is going to call them as well.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 14 of 61
Highlighted
I'm Qualified Level 1
I'm Qualified Level 1

Not sure why Samsung keeps being implicated as the culprit. This is totally a Rogers/Fido problem. If every other carrier large and small have successfully implemented Marshmallow for their bootlocked Samsung devices then it can't be a Samsung problem. I'm running Marshmallow just fine on my S6 on Fido's network with zero issues. VoLTE works just fine too. Samsung can't be expected to run the carriers business as well as their own. Buy any international version of the S6 and you'd have had Marshmallow months ago.
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 15 of 61
Highlighted

@Proac no one said Samsung is the culprit we all know its Rogers/Fido but if you let Samsung know that their product is not being maintained as it should by the carriers and they can lose sales in the process then maybe Samsung will consider controlling the updates directly and not leave it up to the carriers.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 16 of 61
Highlighted
I'm Helpful Level 1
I'm Helpful Level 1

It is 100% all RCI, I spoke to a manager at Rogers who is just a misinformation agent and he blamed Samsung. I called Samsung they said they have no idea why it has not been pushed as they provided it Months ago. They also verified they provide a Monthly security update, so why is Rogers November?
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 17 of 61
Highlighted
I'm Qualified Level 1
I'm Qualified Level 1

Sorry guys I misinterpreted some posts as implying Samsung was the villain in this situation when we all know they don't control the rolling out of updates. Rogers/Fido are still busy stuffing their bloatware into the update I guess. I'll keep harping on about this even though I sidestepped the waiting process and am enjoying Marshmallow immensely. For the few posters defending Fido I really don't get that. You purchased a flagship device at a premium price and premium rate plan and you're receiving bargain basement service. I'm not a fan of Apple but I'll give them credit for how they update their devices. Perhaps Google should take control of all Android devices and roll out global updates without any interference from the carriers.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 18 of 61
Highlighted

3+ years with Fido (i know its not that long) and the poor response on software updates has been a constant source of frustration for me.  Like you guys say, we pay for a premium smartphone and get shoddy software support from our carrier.  Hard to feel excited about being a FIDO customer right now.  When my term on this phone runs out at the end of the year, i'm definitely going to look into Virgin as my next mobile carrier.  My wife uses them and has never had any complaints

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 19 of 61
Highlighted

@Proac wrote:

Sorry guys I misinterpreted some posts as implying Samsung was the villain in this situation when we all know they don't control the rolling out of updates. Rogers/Fido are still busy stuffing their bloatware into the update I guess. I'll keep harping on about this even though I sidestepped the waiting process and am enjoying Marshmallow immensely. For the few posters defending Fido I really don't get that. You purchased a flagship device at a premium price and premium rate plan and you're receiving bargain basement service. I'm not a fan of Apple but I'll give them credit for how they update their devices. Perhaps Google should take control of all Android devices and roll out global updates without any interference from the carriers.

@Proac Google already does this with the Nexus phones and they even come unlocked. Google can not control updates for all Android phone manufatures because of different hardware thats why Android is open source. I passed my S6 to my wife and got me a Nexus 6P and loving it.

I did hear rumors that Google might make a close source version of Android.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 20 of 61