Marshmallow taking forever to arrive...

Highlighted
I'm a Contributor Level 1

Marshmallow taking forever to arrive...

Marshmallow coming in June...

Marshmallow coming soon...

Bull.

And this topic will be solved NOT when a FidoSomebody gives platitudes (I understand this is all Fido is capable of); it will be solved when I have up to date software on my phone.

I remain thoroughly disappointed with this company...

Accepted Solution

Re: Marshmallow taking forever to arrive...

Hey everyone,

Marshmallow has been rolled out to all of our Axon phones. Enjoy!

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 61
Highlighted
I'm Helpful Level 1
I'm Helpful Level 1

It is a debacle, I think it is time they get some help for that intern working on this. My decision is made to be gone as soon as I can, just don't want to pay the over $300 remaining on this phone.
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 61
Highlighted
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey guys!

We're sad to see that you feel this way! The update will definitely be on its way soon. Keep an eye on our OS Upgrade Schedule page for more info.

@10cc We'd hate to see you go! We'll send you a PM shortly to look into your options. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 61
Highlighted

@FidoAmandaN wrote:

The update will definitely be on its way soon. Keep an eye on our OS Upgrade Schedule page for more info.

Really... The update will definitely be on its way soon...? 

Well, could you please define "soon"? 

This whole ordeal is very confusing, as Fido "June" doesn't mean June, and Fido "soon" so far apparently means more than 2 weeks at the very least... so August? September?

And I've been checking Fido's useless OS Upgrade page for 40-some straights days now; urging me to continue to do so seems more like an immature prank than customer service.

Like so many other customers, I too am simply waiting to exit this infuriating company.

Free advice: if you tell customers you're going to do something, do it. Don't promise something then proceed to lie through your teeth for weeks on end.

Unbelievable.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 61
Highlighted
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

As soon as we have an exact date, we'll update the OS Upgrade Schedule page!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 5 of 61
Highlighted

I'm not sure if I would describe this sort of response from Fido as 'sad' or just 'pathetic' - no meaningful communication to interested customers on a reasonable timeline, or, if they are having issues with the upgrade.  With all other major carriers already updated on the S6 you have to believe its just a lack of resources (which begs the question, why continue to use a provider that doesn't devote sufficient resources to provide timely updates?)

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 6 of 61
Highlighted
I'm a Contributor Level 2

Well I see it is the same crapit was a month ago and a month before that etc. These stupid replies from FIDO are getting to me. "It is definitely coming soon" what the hell does that mean. FIDO must have the stupidest engineers in the industry to take 7 months to evaluate and get this out there. 

I am more concerned about the months of security updates we don't have. This is reflecting badly on Samsung as well. I would never buy one of there phones again given this experience.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 7 of 61
Highlighted
I'm Helpful Level 1
I'm Helpful Level 1

@Doogie87

Well said, to not push out a security patch that is avail monthly show how much they care about the security of the phones they sell.

No more Samsung and I sent them a feedback saying that exactly, also last contract on Fido.
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 8 of 61
Highlighted

I just chatted with a rep at Samsung. They are going to pass this on to their executive. Not sure if it will help.
I I know why fido doesn't carry the LG phones. That can't control the updates.
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 9 of 61
Highlighted

Talking with some friends on weekend about our phones and plans. All of them have marshmallow. Its time Fido at least let its customers know what the issue is getting us this update. Why should we be expected to pay in full for a service we are entitled to but aren't receiving?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 10 of 61