Map of local area

Map of local area

Map of local area

SOLVED
RobG
I'm a Participant Level 3

Map of local area

I have been searching for a map showing my local calling area with no luck.  I live in Newmarket Ontario.  I'm sure there is one available.  Any help please?

Accepted Solution

Re: Map of local area

Solved by Senior MVP Senior MVP

@MichaelChow wrote:

Try this out, for local area network is compatible:

http://maps.mobileworldlive.com/network_info.php?nid=1455&org_id=6734&cid=170

Scroll for Fido 3G if needed

Hello MichaelChow,

Welcome to the community!

I wasn't able to determine local calling areas using that map (ie Toronto calling Mississauga = local versus Toronto calling Ottawa = long distance). From what I could tell, it just shows Fido/Rogers network coverage.

I also suspect the information provided on that site might be a little outdated. The only LTE frequencies noted were (1700/2100 MHz or band 4). Fido/Rogers also uses additional LTE bands/frequencies. You can verify the compatible bands/frequencies here. If you're interested in a coverage map, Fido also has their own coverage map **edit** posted above**. However, I tend to use this cellular tower map here

With regards to @RobG's original post, perhaps this is the map you're looking for? Or this one? Note: since those maps are quite old, the local calling area boundaries may have changed. I have not found any more recent LCA maps.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

View solution in context
7 REPLIES 7
KAPABLE-K
MVP

@RobG maybe this is what you are looking for here.

RobG

I saw that map but it just showed cell phone coverage not the boundries of my local area. 

@RobG I remember back in the day they did have a map but I do not think they have one anymore check this page out here and see if it help you in regards to understanding local calls.

MichaelChow
I'm a Contributor Level 1

@MichaelChow wrote:

Hello MichaelChow,

Welcome to the community!

I wasn't able to determine local calling areas using that map (ie Toronto calling Mississauga = local versus Toronto calling Ottawa = long distance). From what I could tell, it just shows Fido/Rogers network coverage.

I also suspect the information provided on that site might be a little outdated. The only LTE frequencies noted were (1700/2100 MHz or band 4). Fido/Rogers also uses additional LTE bands/frequencies. You can verify the compatible bands/frequencies here. If you're interested in a coverage map, Fido also has their own coverage map **edit** posted above**. However, I tend to use this cellular tower map here

With regards to @RobG's original post, perhaps this is the map you're looking for? Or this one? Note: since those maps are quite old, the local calling area boundaries may have changed. I have not found any more recent LCA maps.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

RobG

Thanks Cawtau!  That's what I was looking for!  Wink

RobG

Thanks.