Making a device protection claim complicated because Asurion doesn't know what phone I have

Making a device protection claim complicated because Asurion doesn't know what phone I have

bammbammy
I'm a Participant Level 2

Trying to get a new phone. I filled out a claim online but it automatically suggested my old phone (HTC ONE S)

It asked if it was correct and I changed it to my new phone, which is the one that has been damaged, an LG G4.

Turns out they don't have the LG on file but rather than telling me that online, they sent a 'do not reply' email saying to call them. I had to go to a phone booth. Ever try to find a phone booth? When I called they explained that now I have to download and print and fill out an affadavit that I have the LG, proof of purchase and send a copy of government photo ID. All this to proove that I have the phone that I bought at Fido, who has this phone on my file???? If Asurion knew I had the HTC, how come they don't know I have the LG and why do I have to jump through hoops to prove that I do?

This seems like a lot of work considering I bought the device protection for the LG, through Fido? Since Asurion gets my money from Fido, can't they get the info?

3 REPLIES 3
FidoAmanda
Former Moderator

Hey bammbammy!

Which phone were you using at the time that your LG G4 was damaged? Was it the LG G4 or were you using your HTC One S?

The device must be in use on your line at the time that it's damaged to be covered by the Device Protection plan. 

Let us know! 

bammbammy
I'm a Participant Level 2

Hey FidoAmandaN,

The LG G4. I've been using it ever since I bought it in December and it's the device that Fido has on file for me, ie. when I go to my account, it shows the LG as my present phone. That's what I don't get. I made the claim for the phone I am/was using, the LG. The LG is the phone that Fido has on file as the one I'm using but Asurion doesn't believe that it's the phone I was using until it was damaged because although they had my old phone on file for some reason they don't have the LG on file so I have to jump through hoops to prove that it's my present phone. Why can't they just confirm with Fido?

Is it possible you started using the HTC before filing the claim for the LG G4 @bammbammy