MSG FOR FIDO: PLEASE BRING THE BLACKBERRY TORCH 9800!!

scorpio111988
I'm a Participant Level 3

As a long time customer with fido, not only myself but my family as well and for all the fido customers who can understand

PLEASE BRING THE BLACKBERRY TORCH 9800 or any other blackberry product.

you need to step up your game.

-your plans are great

-your prices are good

-your customer services is one of thee best

but ...

-your phones are old

-you have customers who are between the ages are 18-35 who most if not all use smartphones now

not flip phones ( there are some though)

why not bring new smartphones and keep the agreement at three years  and for the regular phones keep it at 2 years being that no one probably uses them

I feel my voice needs to be heard because im getting pretty sick of fido and im on the verge of leaving for a provider that can give me what i need.

PLEASE HEAR ME OUT AND FIX YOUR ROSTER.

21 REPLIES 21
ThommyToronto
I'm a Participant Level 1

Fido has done a miserable job with Blackberry.

I had to grab an update for OS 5 from a different provider. It is fantastic. 

They also promised the new Pearl 3G - Nada!!!!

If they can't get the Pearl 3G how do you expect this company to get the Torch. 

But greedy Rogers owns them and they are probably holding back until they can make all the money they can. 

FidoErin
Community Manager (Retired)

@ThommyToronto

The goal of our forums is to provide a venue where customers can help each other with technical questions, it's best to contact Fido by phone or online at fido.ca if you have billing, pricing or plan enquiries and comments. 

Also, check out our twitter channel @fidomobile at http://twitter.com/fidomobile and our Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/fidomobile.

Thanks

jakem82
I'm a Contributor Level 1

totally agree, a 3g blackberry device like the 9300 9700 or 9800 would be amazing, I would like to have os6 and the 8520 cant handle it
wkh
I'm a Contributor Level 2
I'm a Contributor Level 2

I would be shocked beyond belief if the torch came to fido within the next 5 years. Rogers does not want people to stay on Fido. They want them to move to expensive Rogers plans. The idea being if you have the money for a torch you have money for a torch, if you really want it THAT bad, you can pay for a Rogers plan. Fido is there to be cheap. I'm honestly completely shocked they got iPhone at all.

See a lot of people on Fido have those fabulous grandfathered plans no longer offered. Like mine, CountryFido. Anywhere in Canada, any time, unlimited. That's a completely normal standard plan in the US btw but it's so coveted here I've seen it sold on eBay for over $1500. They want us to give up the ghost and move over to Rogers so they can make (more) money off of us (as if they aren't making any money on us now). Even more people have the old CityFido which was totally unlimited all the time in the city (not the 2000 minutes now) than my plan (which was offered for I think like 10 minutes almost 10 years ago). So those are a lot of folks they want to get on more lucrative plans. And this is (in my humble opinion) why they have such weak phone selection.

My plan is up for renewal next month and I've gone over and over and over every offer and plan out there and I just can't get a better deal. I was grudgingly going to go for the iPhone (if they hadn't recently changed it so fido dollars could be applied to iPhones I would have left and gone to an iPhone or palm Pre with Bell, as I have a TON of fido dollars as I have three lines on my account!) even though I think that's an awful lot of money to spend on a phone, and then to my joy the acer liquid e came out today and you know what I think I'll be pretty happy with that. Especially for a mere $30. Now that I can totally justify. But fido is just not going to be the place to stay if you want brand new cutting edge phone technology. You can either get that, or dirt cheap plans. Not both.

Have to say though, one of my lines will be up for renewal next December and that one WILL be migrating to videotron what with their new all QC all the time unlimited plan (I already have house/office phone/internet/cable with videotron so it's dirt cheap for me). Can't be that for the needs I have on that particular line. But yeah they'll sucker me into another three years of CountryFido.

FidoErin

@wkh,

Thanks for your patience.

The goal of our forums is to provide a venue where customers can help each other with technical questions.

For information on plans, please contact us via:

• 611 (free of charge from a Fido handset)
  • 1-888-481-3436 (FIDO) from any phone in Canada or the U.S.
  • 1-514-925-4590 from outside Canada and the U.S. (we accept collect calls)

Representatives are available weekdays from 8:00AM to 9:00PM EST and weekends from 9:00AM to 5:00PM EST.

Thank you

JustinCredible
I'm Helpful Level 1

@wkh, get an unlocked Torch or any other phone you want. I'd wager to say a very large percentage of Fido old-timers with great plans are certainly not buying their phones from FIDO anyways.

Cheers.

RedmanMTL

Seriously, Fido needs new phones badly!!  The Curve 8520 was released like 3 years ago.  Fido is becoming a big joke for phones.  Not everyone wants a stupid IPhone!!!

Bold 9700 and Torch 9800 are a must.  It's almost 2011, get your act together.  Can't teach an old dog new tricks?? Common!

Renolover
I'm Helpful Level 2

I have the BlackBerry Pearl 8100. This is a phone i believe from 2006 which I purchased earlier this year. A brand new one, purchased from Fido without a contract (or if one is being replaced on contract )is $400!  That much money for a phone that is 4 years old is insulting. I love Fido's customer service, prices and options but the desire to buy a nice cool updated phone is luring me away from Fido! Please Rogers, throw your Fido customers a good bone now and then!

FidoErin

Thanks for your patience and suggestions everyone!

Appreciate your interest in this topic, but please note that Fido does not comment or speculate on products and services that are currently not offered, stay tuned.

FidoErin

Hey Android fans,

Great news!

The Acer Liquid E now part of Fido’s lineup, details here:

http://www.fido.ca/web/page/portal/Fido/Android?lang=en.

Enjoy

Rjoa

I also wholeheartedly agree!  I really do not want to leave FIDO, but the pressure is on given the limited range of devices.

robycat
I'm a Participant Level 2

I couldn't agree more!  I have been watching the web site in hopes of seeing the release of the Torch.  I too have been considering another provider that will be offering the device even though I think Fido has great service and plans.

campie

PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAASSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEE Fido get the Blackberry Torch 9800!!!

jlits
I'm Experienced Level 2

please bring the torch to fido....there is no downside of not doing it.....and you could potentially attract new customers who have stayed away because of a lack in new smart-phones!!!!!

WVorstenbosch
I'm a Participant Level 2

The Blackberry Torch would be awesome...but how about at least the Storm 2, Bold or Tour models...

I know personally I would up my plan considerably if I had a better phone to utilize the services.   You can only do so much with the 8100 Pearl.  I love it but come on!!

metallica68
I'm a Contributor Level 1

YES! Any smart phone at this point would be great.

Does anyone really want  MOTO W233 Renew type handset?

Sherjeel

I strongly agree .... We need Blackberry Torch on Fido.    FIDO ---- Please listen to our voice. 

FidoErin

@scorpi111988, @Jan, @Alice, @Sherjeel

Thanks for the comments everyone, I'm listening Smiley

pmldn10

I really hope Fido launches the Blackberry Torch SOON! I'm on the verge of buying out my Fido contract and joining a different service provider just so I can get the TORCH! I hate how out-of-date the current Fido phones are. Sad

Jan
I'm Helpful Level 2
I'm Helpful Level 2

I wholeheartedly agree!