MP3 Voicemail Greeting

MP3 Voicemail Greeting

MP3 Voicemail Greeting

SOLVED
PSS-CAN
I'm a Participant Level 2

MP3 Voicemail Greeting

I am seeking a solution to upload MP3 file as voicemail Greeting instead of recording your own voice. How it can be done. I could not find it in my phone settings or in my fido account. 

Accepted Solution

Re: MP3 Voicemail Greeting

Solved by MVP MVP

@PSS-CAN Unfortunately there is no way to do that what you will have to do is while setting up your VM greeting instead of speaking play your MP3 recording on a computer or something so it gets recorded on the phones VM.

View solution in context
7 REPLIES 7
EFTC
I'm Qualified Level 1

You might be able to play the music direclty to the phone by hard wiring the headphone jack of the MP3 player to the handset plug of a landline wired phone. You can probably find the schematics of such contraptions online. I have done that before when I record telephone conversations as verbal agreements (Heck, it was something like: I trade you 2 bags of chips for help with math homework). If I remember correctly, the device I made was designed to be wired into the actual telephone jack and it was a bit more complicated. 

Paolo
I'm an Expert Level 2

I would be very careful/cautious of that method which EFTC suggested. Connecting a Speaker output to that of a Microphone input is not recommended unless you have knowledge of how Audio Signals work. I have previous Audio Visual knowledge so the speaker\headphone out of your MP3 Player may be too loud of an output for a Microphone input not only will it cause distortion and clipping it may also possibly cause damage to the input circuit due to the differences in voltage and impedance mismatch. Not only that but the pinouts of a 3.5mm cable will also be incorrect as the mp3 out is in stereo and the mic input is mono and are on different pins of the TRRS connector.

My earlier suggestion is the safest and easiest way.
KAPABLE-K
MVP

@PSS-CAN Unfortunately there is no way to do that what you will have to do is while setting up your VM greeting instead of speaking play your MP3 recording on a computer or something so it gets recorded on the phones VM.

Paolo
I'm an Expert Level 2

KAPABLE-K is correct, there is no other way to do it other than to play the song on your PC while you are logged into the voice mail account and recording it at that very moment.

PSS-CAN
I'm a Participant Level 2

I have done that before post on this forum. The record quality is not good though i have high-end phone (Huawei Mate 9). If Fido has solution where MP3 can be uploaded instead of manual recording, that will be nice. Shaw has this feature so Fido need to be improved on this i guess.

Thanks for the feedback @PSS-CAN and welcome to the Community!
That's not a feature we have at the moment, but I can definitely bring it up to the team in charge of our voicemail service Smiley

Paolo
I'm an Expert Level 2

you know you can record your voice mail greeting from other phones beside your handset, you can use a landline, or someone elses phone just call the voicemail retreival number, if the phone u use has better voice quality, it will surely reflect in the recording too.