MOTO X 4.4.4. update

I'm a Contributor Level 1 hapa99
I'm a Contributor Level 1

MOTO X 4.4.4. update

any word on when we can expect to see the Moto X updated to Kitkat 4.4.4??

Accepted Solution

Re: MOTO X 4.4.4. update

According to Motorola Canada website, it should be before the end of September (Q3 is July, August, September);

MOTO X

Android 4.4.4  (KitKat) upgrade rollout expected to begin in Q3 2014.

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 5
I'm a Participant Level 2 Rockafella83
I'm a Participant Level 2
Solution

According to Motorola Canada website, it should be before the end of September (Q3 is July, August, September);

MOTO X

Android 4.4.4  (KitKat) upgrade rollout expected to begin in Q3 2014.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 5
I'm a Participant Level 1 krueger80
I'm a Participant Level 1

I'm also curious to know.

How long is it taking to apply the stupid Fido carrier hack (not showing Roger network as roaming) and lock the phone and put on the Fido application... Do I miss something or it should take not more than 2 weeks to do???

Not happy to wait that long... When Android L will be release that will be a pain to wait 2-3 months longuer than unlocked Moto X users!!!

I hope you listed to people like us who purchase a Moto X for fast update. I tell you right now, if next updates aren't faster it's the last time I purchase for Fido, I get my next phone unlocked and move to another company as soon as I see a better deal.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 5
I'm a Participant Level 2 Rockafella83

I got the 4.4.4 update yesterday for my MotoX with Fido.

If you don't want to wait for phone update, I suggest to get a Nexus, GPE edition or get Cyanogenmod like ROM (which void the warranty by the way). But that's part of the deal with the Android world, or you get a nice little phones (flagship model) every two years or you work with an older phone to update when you can if you got skills ..

I know that Fido wasn't the fastest operator to push it compare to At&t in the States, but their is phones that won't get the 4.4.4 until a few months which are more recent than the MotoX. As Motorola was bought by Google (And sold to Lenovo recently), I can tell you that they are not too bad to update their phones. 

We might get suprise if the rumor about CyanogenMod and their buyback by Google will be a reality. (Microsoft and Samsung seem to by interested too as I heard). It might help to get older phones to a newer version of Android faster. Will see..

Phil

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 5
Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 2 MrMiyagi

I have been checking, and I still haven't received my update.  :catsad:

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 5 of 5