MMS with no data

MMS with no data

MMS with no data

SOLVED
thuy1
I'm a Participant Level 2

MMS with no data

Hi,

I have a plan that has UNLIMITED INTERNATIONAL text, picture, and video messaging but I don't have a data plan.  I blocked data on my account but I believe that also blocks mms messages.

If I unblock data to my account to allow mms is there a way to block all internet on my phone except mms messages so I don't get changed any data through APN settings.  I am using a Samsung S4 / Android phone.

Accepted Solution

Re: MMS with no data

Solved by MVP MVP

Hi @thuy1

You need to have the data enable on the phone in order to send and receive picture messages.

If you do not have data and any app tries to use data you will get a text and you will have to follow the steps in the text before it uses data.

You can also go to your APN settings and change the APN type to just MMS

Edit: changing the APN type to just MMS works I just tested it on my S6 I could send and receive a picture message but no internet.

View solution in context
3 REPLIES 3
KAPABLE-K
MVP

Hi @thuy1

You need to have the data enable on the phone in order to send and receive picture messages.

If you do not have data and any app tries to use data you will get a text and you will have to follow the steps in the text before it uses data.

You can also go to your APN settings and change the APN type to just MMS

Edit: changing the APN type to just MMS works I just tested it on my S6 I could send and receive a picture message but no internet.

thuy1
I'm a Participant Level 2

I understand that I will have to enable mobile data on the phone.  But can I enable only MMS and disable internet through APN settings so there's no chance of getting charged if accidentally I browse without wifi.

@thuy1

Changing the APN type to just MMS works I just tested it on my S6 I could send and receive a picture message but no internet.