MMS and Voicemail indicator issues

Aykay
I'm a Participant Level 2

Like so many others, I signed up for 5GB BYOP Pulse plan (with 5GB bonus).  I'm using an unlocked Sprint Samsung Galaxy S7.  Calls, LTE data, and SMS all work fine fine.

However, I can't send or receive MMS.  When I send, it tries, then about a minute later the phone notifies me indicating the send failed.

I can't receive MMS, I click an MMS sent to me, and the download fails. 

Also I'm not getting the premium voicemail-to-text MMS messages that I should be getting (I added the $5 value pack).

Lastly, when I do get voicemail, I receive a text message from "18" with the message: "Voice  Msg notice Total: 1 (0 urg.)".  My message waiting light does not light up, and I don't get any icons in my notification bar.

Appreciate any help, I can't get through to customer support via phone, live chat or FB Messenger.

This thread looked promising, I wonder if it would work for me:

http://forums.fido.ca/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/archives/message-id/34914

13 REPLIES 13
FidoMaria
Former Moderator

Hi @Aykay & welcome to the Community!

Did you make sure that you have the correct APN settings in your phone? You can check them out here.

Let me know. Smiley

Aykay
I'm a Participant Level 2

Yep, confirmed that settings look good:

mms.png

Just tested again, still can't send MMS.  Same problem, I send the pic, and after a minute, get a send failed error message.

Any chance that other thread I linked in my original post is relevant to my situation?  I did sign up for the Value Pack...

FidoMaria
Former Moderator

@Aykay I'll need to check out your account. Sending you a PM!

tthh
I'm a Participant Level 3

I have the same problem. was there any solution to this problem? thanks.

FidoAmanda
Former Moderator

Hey tthh!

Let's get to the bottom of this!

Are you expereincing difficulty with both your MMS and voicemail or just your MMS? Are you using a non-Fido phone? Do you have data activated under your device's network settings? 

Let us know!

tthh

Hi amanda,  thanks for your response.

I am using a non fido phone which is a samsung note 5. It was used on Verizon network before. I have been using this phone for two years and MMS has been working fine. lately the phone become very slow. I searched up internet then did factory reset. after the factory reset, both data and MMS stoped working. I called Fido customer service and only the data was fixed. the MMS still could not get fixed after being transferred to so many different agents. before the factory reset, whenever someone left me a voice mail, the voice mail was always pushed to text message as a already downloaded voice file and i was able to listen to the voice file by press it. but now, i can not receive the voice mail file and picture from the message anymore.

i have data activated already. I don't have a problem with voice mail. i can still check my voice mail using tranditional way-call my own # and follow the step to listen.

please help. I need to receive picture message and voice message through message. this is very important to me. thank you very much.

tthh

tempFileForShare_2018-04-13-09-46-41.jpg

here is my APN setting for your reference.

Hey @tthh

Thank you for the details!

We do not support non-Fido devices and it can sometime cause an issue. However, your device does seem compatible with our network since your APN settings are perfectly fine.

At this point, there can either be an issue with the network or the device itself.

If possible, are you able to test your SIM card in a different phone and see if picture messages work?

tthh

Hi Saira,

thanks for reply. Yes, i tried using my sim card in other phone and it was no problem in receiving and sending picture message. in fact, my phone was prefectly fine with picture and vm download before 5:00pm april 12. just because it was slow so i decided to do a factory reset. only after the factory reset, i have this problem of down loading picture message and voice mail file.

I am sure it is some setting with my phone(samsung note5)

elsie

Hey @tthh!

Can you follow these few steps please:

1. From the Home screen, tap "Messages"

2. Tap the "More" icon

3. Select "Settings"

4. Tap "More Settings"

5. Select "Text Messages"

6. Verify that the number under "Message center" is +15149931123

Let us know if this helps!

tthh

Thanks. I tried your 6 steps and the voice mail still does not work. Do you have any other suggestions?

Click here

Hey @tthh,

I just want to make sure we're on the same page. Are MMS working at the moment but you're now having an issue with the voicemail?

Can you please clarify?

Hey @tthh,

Were you able to get this sorted out? Keep us posted!