MILKWOODGALLERY . COM FRAUD

SOLVED
jacques9017
I'm a Participant Level 1

got a text - obviously a fraud.  but some folks on FIDO may not catch it and press on the hyperlink.  The site actually exists, went to check if there were any .com's with milkwoodgallery.

"We have sent you back your funds http : // milkwoodgallery . com / Because your account has been overcharged."

Along with the million phone calls from CHINA i get, super annoying considering we pay a lot for our service and FIDO can't filter this stuff.

Anyhow, hope you get informed.

Jacques

Accepted Solution

Re: MILKWOODGALLERY . COM FRAUD

Solved by Senior MVP Senior MVP

Hello Jacques9017,

Welcome to the community!

Thanks for the information!

Unfortunately, there isn't much providers can do to prevent SPAM calls since the spammers/scammers often use spoofed phone numbers. That is, the numbers shown on caller ID do not belong to the spammers. They often belong to innocent, unsuspecting people. **edit** Even the RCMP are not immune to being spoofed (see here)**

While spammers/scammers will also use spoofed numbers when sending SMS SPAM, forwarding the SMS to 7726 (SPAM) allows the SPAM-specific content to be added to the filter -- hopefully reducing the amount of SPAM SMS (see here).

It is recommended to report SPAM calls to the SPAM Reporting Centre. You can also find additional information here.

Interestingly, this the webpage which shows up for that link:

Milkwood.jpg

I think that domain may have been hijacked...

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

View solution in context
1 REPLY 1
Cawtau
Senior MVP

Hello Jacques9017,

Welcome to the community!

Thanks for the information!

Unfortunately, there isn't much providers can do to prevent SPAM calls since the spammers/scammers often use spoofed phone numbers. That is, the numbers shown on caller ID do not belong to the spammers. They often belong to innocent, unsuspecting people. **edit** Even the RCMP are not immune to being spoofed (see here)**

While spammers/scammers will also use spoofed numbers when sending SMS SPAM, forwarding the SMS to 7726 (SPAM) allows the SPAM-specific content to be added to the filter -- hopefully reducing the amount of SPAM SMS (see here).

It is recommended to report SPAM calls to the SPAM Reporting Centre. You can also find additional information here.

Interestingly, this the webpage which shows up for that link:

Milkwood.jpg

I think that domain may have been hijacked...

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers