Loyalty offer for phone upgrade

SOLVED
KW34
I'm a Participant Level 3

Ive been with fido for years now and they did give me a nice 1gb promotion last year that is currently expiring. When talking to customer service reps, they tell me im entitled to a upgrade for an LG G4??? for 0 dollars, as advertised on your home page. 

Im looking at switching over to Telus or Virgin mobile now. Most companies would at least offer an additional promotion or incentive to stay with them. 

Used to love fido, but now it's just not the same.

Accepted Solution

Re: Loyalty

Solved by Former Moderator FidoCatherine

Hi there @KW34

FidoCath here! Thanks for taking the time to reach out!

It sounds like you got a pretty sweet promotion a year ago 😃

Some promotions are indeed limited to a specific amount of time, but we're always happy & willing to go over your options with you!

Whenever you upgrade your phone, we apply a subsidy credit on the phone, so you can get it at a lower cost 😃

Today, we've got a bunch of new Pulse plans that already have great value!

For example, you get to choose between tons of different data buckets – up to 10GB, either local or Canada-wide calls. 

You also get to add & DAILY VICE and Spotify Premium free for 2 years, which on its own is worth $240! 

With the FidoTRADE™ promotion, you can save more money on a new phone when you trade in your current phone/smartphone 😃

This program takes back all types of devices from any carrier from any country in the world!

You can also Refer_A_Friend to Fido through the "Refer a Friend" program, and you'll each get a $25.00 credit after 90 days that the line is active!

We'd definitely hate to see you go..

I'll send you a PM so we can go over your upgrade options 😃 

View solution in context
7 REPLIES 7
FidoCatherine
Former Moderator

Hi there @KW34

FidoCath here! Thanks for taking the time to reach out!

It sounds like you got a pretty sweet promotion a year ago 😃

Some promotions are indeed limited to a specific amount of time, but we're always happy & willing to go over your options with you!

Whenever you upgrade your phone, we apply a subsidy credit on the phone, so you can get it at a lower cost 😃

Today, we've got a bunch of new Pulse plans that already have great value!

For example, you get to choose between tons of different data buckets – up to 10GB, either local or Canada-wide calls. 

You also get to add & DAILY VICE and Spotify Premium free for 2 years, which on its own is worth $240! 

With the FidoTRADE™ promotion, you can save more money on a new phone when you trade in your current phone/smartphone 😃

This program takes back all types of devices from any carrier from any country in the world!

You can also Refer_A_Friend to Fido through the "Refer a Friend" program, and you'll each get a $25.00 credit after 90 days that the line is active!

We'd definitely hate to see you go..

I'll send you a PM so we can go over your upgrade options 😃 

It truely some times depends on the plan your on.. I would talk to cx care about changing your plan and seeing what incentives can be offered . They want to promote their pulse so usually all incentives will be on this only

unhappywithfido
I'm a Contributor Level 2

Fido doesn't care loyalty means nothing change your plan give us more of your money

Profit before loyalty

More info needed! What are you paying monthly and what do you get for that price? Are your needs still the same and you want to keep your plan or otherwise? Fill in the blanks and you can be helped. Making an ambiguos post helps no one.

I renewed 2 lines and kept my grandfathered plans earlier this year, but have since changed to current plans because they offered a little more benefit at the same monthly price (old plans had Fido Dollars which no longer exist, new plans have Spotify Premium etc.).

unhappywithfido

I pay $56 a month unlimited canada wide anytime minutes, unlimited voice mail, conference calling, call waiting, call display with 2gb data

sorry don't need spotify

happy with plan don't want to change it just wanted new phone and after 20 years with fido was offered a new phone at full price or switch to a more expensive plan that not only cost more but the extras come at a cost but get the phone cheaper

proving my point loyalty means nothing

not what can we do for you but what can you do for us 

Hey @unhappywithfido

Let's check your options together.

I'm sending you a PM now.

Talk to you soon.

unhappywithfido

options LOL  

change plans pay more

lets see????? nope

profit before loyalty