Loyalty customer....now switching!

I'm a Participant Level 3 Eddie910
I'm a Participant Level 3

Loyalty customer....now switching!

I was a customer for about 3 years to only find out that my friends who have been with Fido for a few months got better packages, when I started shopping around for better plans with other providers Fido couldn’t  even match them and didn’t really seem to care if I stayed or left, but yet they could give gd packages to customers who been there just over a month , so I changed over to freedom who actually took the time to work out the best plan for me.

The best part is that when they first made me an offer, I decided to shop around and then contacted them a week and to my surprise they increased the price in the original offer as to say you didn’t take our first so now the price went up,  so that there should me what Fido is about.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 8
Former Moderator FidoPamela
Former Moderator

Re: Loyalty customer....now switching!

Hi @Eddie910

Welcome to the Community

We'd be sad to see you go. We always do our best to provide you with our very best offer and to keep your loyalty. 

Plans we advertize at the moment are available for both new and existing customers but while we do sometimes have offers exclusive to new activations, we also have many Loyalty offers as well. 

We'd love to get a chance to take a look at your account and make sure you received our very best offer. I will send you a PM in just a moment so we can do that here. 

Chat soon! 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 8
MVP
MVP

Hello Eddie910,

Welcome to the community!

It's true Fido generally does not price match on an individual basis. That said, when you're comparing plans, make sure you're comparing similar services.

I hope you did your research before switching to Freedom. Often, people can get blinded by the amount of data they offer. They overlook certain important aspects of mobile service, such as coverage. That is, where can you use said data (and other mobile phone services). I posted a side-by-side comparison of Freedom Mobile and Rogers coverage here.

As I mentioned in that post, I don't wish to bad-mouth any particular mobile provider. Freedom Mobile may be the perfect option for some people. However, their limitations might not suit others. Remember the big promo war that happened last year around this time? Freedom Mobile came out with a promotion for a large amount of data. The other providers later followed suit with similar promotional offerings. I said similar because Freedom dropped the price of their offering whereas the other providers did not. It seems like a good deal, right? During that same promotional period, Freedom Mobile experienced 'record disconnects' (see here). That means that some people -- more than just a few -- opted to spend more money to leave Freedom. Read what you will from that information, but to me, that means people want more than just data from their mobile providers. Again, I'm not trying to put down Freedom, and I'm not saying that their service will not suit anyone. All I am saying is, if you are considering staying with them, make sure the services they offer suit your needs. Do your research.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 8

As far as disconnects I experienced lots with Fido as well 

most of the time ide loose network connection and would have to turn airplane mode on and off to search for network so all providers have their issues including he top 3.  bell, tellus and Rogers

my son and wife are both with bell and seems they experience the least problems of all

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 8

ive been with freedom just over a week and so far so gd but if it’s true about their disconnects I will go to bell Canada knowing that my family is happy there

and where they do everything to keep their customers happy cause loyalty matters

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 5 of 8

An example of bells loyality is that

when I changed my home internet they called me within 2 business days to get me back and they succeeded, with Fido it’s going on the 2nd week and they never even called,

So you tell me who values their customers?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 6 of 8
MVP
MVP

Hello again,

@Eddie910 wrote:...

As far as disconnects I experienced lots with Fido as well...

You seem to have misunderstood the term disconnects. They were not referring to loss of signal. A record number of people disconnected their service from Freedom to move to the other providers during that promotion.

I agree, no one provider will suit everyone. Cellular service is dependent, in part, on location of cellular towers. The different providers have their cellular towers strategically placed. Some providers might be better at some locations, while other providers might be better at different locations. Which provider is best for you is dependent on your location(s) and situation(s).

Hope this helps :Smiley:

Cheers

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 7 of 8
MVP
MVP

Hello again,

@Eddie910 wrote:

An example of bells loyality is that

when I changed my home internet they called me within 2 business days to get me back and they succeeded...

What you call loyalty (that term is wholly misused), I call aggressive tactics...

I was helping my aunt switch her phone and internet from Bell to Rogers so she could bundle her services. I deliberately did not contact Bell beforehand. I had scheduled the Rogers technician to arrive in the afternoon to set everything up. That morning, I received a frantic call from my aunt telling me the 'Rogers guy' had already arrived. When I arrived, I had words with the technician as to why he was there in the morning and not during the appointment interval as agreed upon. I eventually said that any misunderstanding was between himself and Rogers. That's when he said he didn't work for Rogers...

Once Bell realised my aunt was going to switch providers, they sent their own technician -- without notifying anyone, I might add -- to switch her cable television (Rogers) to Bell. If I wasn't helping her with the switch-over, she would have let him continue. Why wouldn't she? No one would have expected a Bell technician.

After Rogers finished the switch, I called Bell to cancel her services with them. I was on the phone for over an hour pleading for them to just cancel her services. It wasn't over an hour waiting to talk to someone. It was over an hour of my pleading. How about this... NO, please cancel!... Then how about this... NO, please just cancel!!...

True story.

I'm not saying every interaction with Bell is as difficult. I'm sure some people are happy with their services. All I'm saying is the grass isn't always greener on the other side.

Cheers

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 8 of 8