cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loyalty customer....now switching!

Suzysays
I'm a Contributor Level 2
I'm a Contributor Level 2

Heres my issue. I have three lines under my account with fido. I have been a loyal customer for more than 17 years. I called into fido becuase I got an extra 50 dollar charge for one of my lines, now I dont mind paying extra for something like data. But no, this line was used in ontario maybe 100 km away from my house at max and racked up 50 dollars in extra "long distance" charges( Frustrating ). So I called and asked about what the issuss was and they explained and offered a slight discount. In the mean time I asked about switching plans so this doesnt happen again and they offered me 45 dollars,4 gb data, canada wide calling. I called in on june 30th and the person I spoke to didnt say this offer expires in 7 days. So I called on july 8th , becuase the inital discount wasnt applied to my bill yet. I also called to switch the plans and they said that offer expired yesterday. What nonsense is this?..They proceeded to offer me 50 dollars, 2 gb, national wide. That felt like a slap in the face. I have been with fido for as long as I can remember. From having thoes old nokia boxey cell phones to now in the process of getting the home network. I dont think im going to stay with fido. They didnt tell me it would expire in 7 days and wouldn't honour what they offered. Why should I stay with fido when other companies like freedom are offering for way less?..

10 REPLIES 10

patrickchan
I'm Experienced Level 1
I'm Experienced Level 1

shop around, then call back fido , talk to call retentons. good luck

Alishkey4
I'm a Contributor Level 1

My issue is this: In the last 3 operators I've spoken to, I was told three different things regarding my new plan 10Gb/$60 - that I didn't end up getting in January. I've been a loyalty customer for 9 years and I certainly have felt more frustration than anything. I've been over charged and not being given what I was "promised". The only reason I haven't swtiched providers yet is because I want to keep my number, but at this point I may not care about that anymore. Has anyone looked into switching providers? Which one is better in the end? Esp when it comes to customer "loyalty" service?

Bhupi
I'm Helpful Level 3
I'm Helpful Level 3

@Alishkey4

they offer me same 60$ with 10 GB and next day when plan apply they said 5GB for only 24 month. as i dont want to miss koodo deal i move my line from fido to koodo.

do not trust what CSR offer on phone until you dont have any official conformation.  you mention they offer you december offer that will apply to january billling . didnt you ask question why not they apply right way? 

my friedn you missed koodo deal now. you have no other option for now until retention will not help you. most of all get 60$ -10gb deal on time  from fido and koodo. I dont understand why you wait for January? if deal was running in december

Alishkey4

The operator asked me if I wanted to have the deal now or for the next fido cycle so I figured why mess with my bill? I opted for the January cycle instead. However the operator told me yesterday that according to their records, I accepted the offer AFTER it expired, which is not true. In the end, it's the January cycle and I don't have it. If it had been clearly explained to me on the phone, I would've just taken the offer in December.

Alishkey4

Is that so? They only gave you 5GB for 24 months? That's not the same as 10GB/$60 at all! Hmmmm.... Well thank you. I think I will look into it then. I would rather switch to a one of the big 3 than Koodo though. Are you happy with it?

arun_812

i was with fido for last 12+ years.

called them today first of all i have to talk to someone who was very rude

then talked to retention,they didnt put much effort.

i told them bell is giving me certain offers .if u guys can meet it.

they said no.so i switched my 2 lines with bell .got a great offer with them.

i didnt feel like leaving but no one listen to existing clients any more.

very disappinted from fido.

Hello @arun_812

I'm sorry to learn that you are thinking about leaving us. Let's take a look at your account together to see your options.

I'm sending you a PM now. Talk to you soon.

Bhupi
I'm Helpful Level 3
I'm Helpful Level 3

it is hard to comment for koodo vs Fido vs rogers. differe user have different expirence. so far so koodo have better network  and worry free data block services vs fido have plus plan  advantage.

talk to retention dept and ask what CSR promise . might they will help you. retention will help you sure. 

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Suzysays,

I understand your frustration, however, most phone companies consider 100Km as long-distance. In fact, many companies consider less than 100Km as long-distance -- even regular land-line services. It's not something new. What is new now, is the increasing number of plans which have Canada-wide calling. That said, there are still some plans which only include local calls.

In case you were not aware, whether calls will be deemed local or long-distance (LD) is slightly different than land-lines. It's helpful to differentiate between incoming and outgoing calls. Your incoming local calling area (LCA) is based on the geographical location that is associated with your number. It has nothing to do with your own physical location at the time you receive a call. On the other hand, your outgoing LCA is determined entirely by your physical location at the time of a call, and has no ties to any specific geographical location, other than the one in which you're standing.

Receiving calls while outside of your incoming LCA is considered LD. Making calls while roaming (ROM) can either be local or LD, depending on whether the call destinations are within or outside of your outgoing LCA.

If you do change to a plan with Canada-wide calling, those LD calls (within Canada) would be included in the plan.

@Suzysays wrote:

... Why should I stay with fido when other companies like freedom are offering for way less?..

You should note that other providers -- like Freedom -- do not necessarily offer the same level of services. First of all, their network is not as robust as any of the Big 3 networks. Additionally, coverage is also less with them. Furthermore, depending on where you live, you might have to get a new phone just to avail of their LTE network. If you decide you would like a new phone anyways, you should also note that there are still relatively few phones with that particular LTE band/frequency... Often you're just not paying for what you're not getting.

I'm not trying to sway your decision either way. Just make sure the services of the mobile provider you choose serves your needs.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

FidoMegan
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hi Suzysays! 

I completely understand your concerns! Keep in mind that our plans are subject to change at any time without notice though. We don't have the information in advance that a plan or service will expire. Once a plan is expired, we don't have the option to offer it to you as it's no longer available to us. 

That said, we'd hate to see you go! I'll send you a PM and we'll check out your plan options together. Smiley