Loyalty Plans

Loyalty Plans

Loyalty Plans

Tiredoffido
I'm a Participant Level 2

Loyalty Plans

Why is it that my son (who I set up on Fido) can get a loyalty plan with unlimited voice and 3G of data for $50 and I can not get any kind of upgrade on my 300m voice and 300mg data plan that is costing me $45.  I have Fido home phone and my sons line was originally part of my account until I had it switched into his name, and he gets a loyalty plan and I get offerd nothing but a runaround for your CS agents ???  I base my decisions on what company I use based on price, value and customer service, right now Fido is way off the mark on all 3 points.

31 REPLIES 31
kaitnoahsmommy

Hi Rachel,
I am not on contract anymore, I am interested in the 64g and my plan I have now qualifies as a smart plan. I have 500mb of data, 150 minutes, 100 canadian long distance.
I spoke with another rep last night and he have a few suggestions which he noted on my account. Please let me know if there is anything you can offer. Thank you!

Hey kaitnoahsmommy Smiley

I'll send you a private message so we can check this out together.

For future reference, we're available on  Facebook or Twitter for help directly related to your account Smiley 

kaitnoahsmommy

I have been back and forth with a few different CS reps, and all of them have been very pleasant which isn't all that common these days!

While it is true that the retention plans are not what they used to be, I do feel the CS reps try to do as much as they are allowed to. I am satisfied with the options they gave me, and am looking forward to receiving the new phone. 

I'm a Contributor Level 1

Hey kaithnoahsmommy,

wuold you please tell us what kind of deal you get, or you want to keep it "incognito"?

Peednus
I'm a Participant Level 3

A friend of mine recently (Saturday) got 3GB data, unlimited text and talk, $50 /mth also got $5 discount

fidoglitch

I've also been back and forth with quite a few reps. They are plesant to work with as always but I was not able to get the same discounts I got last term, $5 off each my voice and data plans ($10 off total). That made my plan a closer deal compared to what others like Wind or Public Mobile offered then. Those discounts expired a few months ago. Now I cannot even get those again, even after speaking with several people. The reps all seem to indicate their hands are tied, yet I'm reading on this forum and RFD that other people were able to get $5 discounts at least on their plans. I've been with Fido for some time now. This does not seem consistient to me.

On top of that the Fido dollars program is no more (because of low participation? makes no sense), it's one less reason to stay with Fido. What do long time subscribers get anyways in place of Fido Dollars? The announcement claims Fido will offer us better value in place of the Fido Dollars program, it's been months, what is that supposed to be?

Along with no loyalty offers. Lacking phone selection (again no Nexus phones). Phones that are more expensive than other carriers so as to make fido dollars less of an incentive. Even Public Mobile offers a comprehensive loyalty program. It looks like it might be time to switch to carriers. 

Hi @fidoglitch!

We definitely don't want to see you go. Sad

Certain discounts are indeed no longer offered, and due to policy and procedure changes, certain plans are not compatible with monthly discounts anymore. As much as we'd want to offer it, it's simply not always possible.

In regards to the FidoDOLLARS program being discontinued, we have replaced the rewards with a 2-year subscription to Spotify Premium and DAILY VICE; these are included in most of our new Pulse plans. Keep in mind that promotions can end without notice but we always do our best to offer as many options as possible to fit all budgets! 

Were you interested in looking into different plan options?

fidoglitch

I don't want to change carriers either, but it seems this brands leadership is stacking the deck against long time customers.

I don't have a Fido pulse plan, so apparently don't qualify for Spotify. Moreover, I don't want it, Fido Dollars were a greater benefit to me and I use Google Music. The current offerings are not nearly as good as what I currently have or what is available from Wind or Public Mobile. So really, I and many others, are losing what was a good loyalty program in exchange for nothing. The message from Fido is that Fido dollars are being replaced with Spotify and Vice subscriptions, in practice this is only true for new subscribers.

I'm willing to consider other plans, so long as they offer value similar to what I have had on the previous 2 yr term or your competitors (primarily Wind, or Public Mobile).

@fidoglitch wrote:

... The current offerings are not nearly as good as what I currently have or what is available from Wind or Public Mobile. ..

Hello Fidoglitch,

Welcome to the forums!

Just a word of caution when considering some of the other companies. Make sure you know what services and what level of service those companies offer. Their plans can be cheaper because they provide lesser services (unlimited doesn't necessarily mean more). Those services they do provide might suit your needs and priorities, but they might not suit everybody.

I have written previously regarding the potential limitations to Wind so I won't rehash them here. You can find one of those previous posts here.

With regards to Public Mobile, it's an interesting business model. They refer to themselves as the no frills provider. They do not sell phones, they do not have brick and mortar stores, and they only provide pre-paid service. They also do not have customer service (if they do, it's very limited). It is very much a self-service company. If you don't have any issues, it could be great. However, the biggest gripe of Public Mobile reviewers is the lack of customer service. If issues do arise, you're pretty much relying on the Community for answers. I would say the one aspect of the business model I do find appealing are the rewards for contributing to their forums Wink

Only you can decide if Wind or Public Mobile (or other provider) offer similar value to you for what you're currently receiving. Value isn't just how much you pay; it's what you receive for how much you pay. Sometimes you're just not paying for what you're not receiving. Perhaps you won't need customer service or won't use LTE right away... just consider the potential limitations.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

Hey @fidoglitch

We can take a look at your services and see what was offfered to you.

I'm sending you a PM now so we can get this looked into.

Talk to you soon Smiley

- FidoKenny

fidoglitch

Thank-you @FidoKenny, I look forward to hearing from you.

hevangel
I'm a Participant Level 1

fidoglithch, forget about getting a phone from Fido, just buy your own phone.  It works out cheaper (phone+montly bill) that way.

I got the $50/3G plan after wasting 30 minutes with the Fido CSR.  If the first CSR plays dumb, just ask to talk to his boss.  If the boss low ball you, just insist you won't settle for anything but the $45/2G or $50/3G plan, eventually they will give in.

sal_67
I'm a Contributor Level 2

i have no idea why anyone would mention public mobile. just unlimited canada-wide minutes and texting comes out to $42. and if you want a GB of data, it's $10 extra. so it's basically the same thing. they try to fool you with the "discount" **bleep**.

SyedJ

Hi tiredoffido, I am also like you. They offered me some loyality plan and when I asked them to give me the plan l was surprised to see rates are changed. Multiple PMs back and forth and couldn't offer the plan they promised. I don't know why CS esclate the issues
donotbelate
I'm a Participant Level 1

Hi Tiredoffido, I am having the same issue here. I have been with Fido for alomost 10 years and happened to see people posted what they called "FIDO BYOP Pulse loyality Plan", for $45.00 inlcudes 2 GB data and unlimited Canada-wide anytime calls, etc. and $50.00 for 3 GB data and unlimited Canada-wide anytime calls plus some other features. I phoned Fido twice to see wheather I can get this " Loyal /Rentenion Plan for Loyal Customers", I ended up got nothing. Both of the CS agents told me they never heard of this plan.  Very frustrated here  and it is selectively distributed.

babhymahal

I was offered $65 for 2gb and $70 for 3.5gb.I was so interested but then when I want to inquired more info she then told me it is only for BYOP.  so I refused.

Hey @donotbelate and welcome to the Community!

I'd love to take a peek at your account and check your plan options.

I'll send you a PM shortly.

Talk to you soon!

SyedJ

I hope they will solve your issue and give you a better plan. Update the community Smiley

kaitnoahsmommy

I've been a loyal customer for 20 years now, just tried to see what they could offer me as I am no longer on contract.  I was hoping to stay with Fido and upgrade to an iPhone 6 without changing my existing plan. I would pass my iPhone 4s down to my daughter. Unfortunately I wasn't offered much of a deal, basically a $50 credit towards a new phone. Guess loyality doesn't mean as much as it used to.

Hey @kaitnoahsmommy, are you still on a contract? What kind of plan do you have (Standard, Smart or Max)? Do you prefer the 16, 64 or 128 GB? 

There's a few things we need to know so we can go over your options Smiley

Don't hesitate to message us directly on Facebook or Twitter if you want us to look into this right away!