Loyalty Plans

I'm a Participant Level 2 Tiredoffido
I'm a Participant Level 2

Loyalty Plans

Why is it that my son (who I set up on Fido) can get a loyalty plan with unlimited voice and 3G of data for $50 and I can not get any kind of upgrade on my 300m voice and 300mg data plan that is costing me $45.  I have Fido home phone and my sons line was originally part of my account until I had it switched into his name, and he gets a loyalty plan and I get offerd nothing but a runaround for your CS agents ???  I base my decisions on what company I use based on price, value and customer service, right now Fido is way off the mark on all 3 points.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 32

Re: Loyalty Plans

Hey @Tiredoffido and welcome to the Community.

I can't really tell you from here why your son got that plan. We would have to check your account together to see your options.

For future reference, you can also reach us from Facebook and Twitter, if you use those.

Meanwhile, I can verify that with you by PM.

Talk to you soon Smiley

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 32
Highlighted

Well this was a waste of my time, after several PM's back and forth you offer the same plans that are advertised on your website?  I guess your "loyalty" plans are very selectively distributed?  Fortunately I can be just as selective about the service provider that I choose to deal with, and here is a hint,,, it won't be Fido for much longer. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 32
Former Moderator FidoChristina
Former Moderator

Hey Tiredoffido, 

We're here to help and definitely don't want to see you go Smiley

We're just waiting for you to reply to our last PM so we can keep discussing Smiley

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 32
I'm a Contributor Level 1 8008
I'm a Contributor Level 1

Same here, Tiredoffido.

I'm with Fido allmost two decades......two decades......... and I have never ever asked or get anything special from them.  Recently I try to get good deal on iPhone 6S to get rid of fido dollars, even to pay a bit more. Same deal what they offering to all new customers. But they say they can do it ONLY if I change my plan and that offer is for new customers ONLY. Plan what I have now is good and it was available to anyone at that time and I am not willing to change it. Am I asking to much????? No flexibility and no respect for loyal customers at all.....after allmost 20 years I'm forced to leave fido as soon as I find simmilar plan somewhere else.

P.S.

Dont forget fido, you built your company thanks to the loyal customers, not newcomers.

Shame on you....shame on you.......

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 5 of 32
Former Moderator FidoTerry
Former Moderator

Hey 8008,

We value long time customers such a yourself, unfortunately the Iphone 6s is only plan compatible with a Max plan at this moment. We may have is for a Smart or Standard plan later on, so keep on eye out on Fido.ca. Smiley

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 6 of 32
I'm a Contributor Level 1 SyedJ

Hi tiredoffido, I am also like you. They offered me some loyality plan and when I asked them to give me the plan l was surprised to see rates are changed. Multiple PMs back and forth and couldn't offer the plan they promised. I don't know why CS esclate the issues
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 7 of 32
I'm a Participant Level 1 donotbelate
I'm a Participant Level 1

Hi Tiredoffido, I am having the same issue here. I have been with Fido for alomost 10 years and happened to see people posted what they called "FIDO BYOP Pulse loyality Plan", for $45.00 inlcudes 2 GB data and unlimited Canada-wide anytime calls, etc. and $50.00 for 3 GB data and unlimited Canada-wide anytime calls plus some other features. I phoned Fido twice to see wheather I can get this " Loyal /Rentenion Plan for Loyal Customers", I ended up got nothing. Both of the CS agents told me they never heard of this plan.  Very frustrated here  and it is selectively distributed.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 8 of 32

Hey @donotbelate and welcome to the Community!

I'd love to take a peek at your account and check your plan options.

I'll send you a PM shortly.

Talk to you soon!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 9 of 32
I'm a Contributor Level 1 SyedJ

I hope they will solve your issue and give you a better plan. Update the community Smiley

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 10 of 32
I'm a Participant Level 2 promod33

i have the 3 gig byop 50 dollar plan got it 3 days ago

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 11 of 32
I'm a Contributor Level 2 sal_67
I'm a Contributor Level 2

unbelievable stupidity. if you want a new phone from fido, you'll have to give up your loyalty plan. lol.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 12 of 32

Not sure what PM you are referring to?  The last PM I received from a Fido moderator basically said that you would be sorry to see me go, but that there was nothing you could or would offer.  Essentially a "take it or leave it" response that shows exactly where you place customer retention and loyalty.  What started out as a simple call / conversation to see if I could get something similar to what you gave my son, has turned into an example of how arbitrary Fido decides on who and when you will offer incentives / upgrades to existing customers.  This lack of consistency and blatant manipulation of offers has really left me with a miserable Fido customer experience.  I might add, that this is an experience that I will most definitely share with friends and family who might be shopping for a cell carrier.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 13 of 32
Former Moderator FidoAlyson
Former Moderator

Hey @Tiredoffido,

I assure you we care about our customer's loyalty and we always do our best to keep everyone happy!

On the other hand, it's important to note that we can only offer you what's compatible with your line and agreement.

BYOP plans aren't compatible with a subsidy. 

In cases of an agreement, you can either buy out the balance of your phone or wait under the subsidy expires to move to a BYOP plan.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 14 of 32
I'm a Contributor Level 1 babhymahal

I was offered $65 for 2gb and $70 for 3.5gb.I was so interested but then when I want to inquired more info she then told me it is only for BYOP.  so I refused.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 15 of 32