Loyalty - Fido will not match other companies!

evamora
I'm a Participant Level 1

Telus has a Corporate plan that I am eligible for, and was hoping Fido would at least try to match the Corporate plan prices that I had described them. The initial customer service rep  tried to match it, eventhough she basically said her offer is nowhere near what Telus would offer me so she said she'll send me someone higher up that may be able to help me out. So I waited a few minutes until the transfer, so the next customer service rep didn't even try to offer me anything and said we cannot match your corporate employee plan and bascially described to me that they will document this that I'll be porting my number to Telus and Telus will contact them when they can port my number out of Fido. 

***Edited to add labels***

1 REPLY 1
Cawtau
Senior MVP

@evamora wrote:

Telus has a Corporate plan that I am eligible for, and was hoping Fido would at least try to match the Corporate plan prices that I had described them. The initial customer service rep  tried to match it, eventhough she basically said her offer is nowhere near what Telus would offer me so she said she'll send me someone higher up that may be able to help me out. So I waited a few minutes until the transfer, so the next customer service rep didn't even try to offer me anything and said we cannot match your corporate employee plan and bascially described to me that they will document this that I'll be porting my number to Telus and Telus will contact them when they can port my number out of Fido. 

Hello Evamora,

Welcome to the community!

While it's true that Fido doesn't generally price match, it's not very reasonable to expect a competing company to match corporate or employee pricing. Telus can offer that corporate plan because they expect it to generate volume customers in return. What they may lose in per plan profits, they expect to eventually gain back in overall customer base profits. Other companies can't match it if they don't expect the same volume of customers in return. 

Cheers