Loyal customer... But for how long?

Fabsky
I'm a Participant Level 1

Hello Fido,

I've enjoyed your service and customer support for the last 10+ years.  Thank you!

However this time around I'm starting to feel more frustrated then satisfied with your approach in resolving matters and with bills exceeding 100+ for a mere 2gb plan with some overage.  

I have been looking atother vendors.  These plans outside of Fido are looking much more appealing and fair in terms of bang for buck.  

I did speak to one of your reps on the phone and was told they could offer me 5gb for 50 but would need to pay off the remaining balance on my phone.  Is there absolutely no way to avoid paying off the balance like the good ole days?  Can someone help? 

Kindly, 

Fab

1 REPLY 1
Cawtau
Senior MVP

Hello Fabsky,

Welcome to the community!

@Fabsky wrote:

I have been looking at Freedom mobile... and other similar plans with other vendors.  These plans outside of Fido are looking much more appealing and fair in terms of bang for buck...  

Are you sure the other plans you're considering offer more bang for the buck? When you're comparing the different providers, make sure you're comparing similar services. Some providers can offer cheaper plans because they offer lesser services. Their plans might seem attractive, however, their network (or services offered) might not necessarily suit your needs.

For example, Chatr does not offer LTE -- even though they use Rogers' networks. Additionally, many of Chatr's plans are In-Zone only. Public Mobile's promotional plans are '3G' only with Province-wide calling (vs Canada-wide with Fido). Freedom Mobile's network is not as robust and their coverage is still limited by Home and Away networks... Often you're just not paying for what you're not getting.

In addition, you're comparing your current plan which contains a subsidy for a device with plans which do not contain any subsidy.

@Fabsky wrote:

I did speak to one of your reps on the phone and was told they could offer me... but would need to pay off the remaining balance on my phone.  Is there absolutely no way to avoid paying off the balance like the good ole days?..

Are you suggesting that they simply waive your outstanding balance?? Or were you hoping to add that balance to a new 2 year contract? Either way, I think you would still have to pay the balance of your current phone.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers