Low-Mid Range Phones fully compatible with Fido

Mikepepsi
I'm a Participant Level 1

Hi Guys

I've recently moved here from the UK and with me I brought my unlocked Vodafone Smart Ultra 6. GREAT phone for an excellent price and I absolutely love it.

Unfortunately for me though, it only picks up one of Fido's LTE bands and none of it's 3G Bands at all. This means i either get G in areas that should be 4G/LTE or i occasionally pick up a 4G signal.

I was wondering if you guys could recommend phones that will work with the full spectrum with a good camera at a really good price as I hadn't intended to have to replace my phone already.

I'll need at least 2gb of ram too in order to multitask like i do with this phone.

Advice welcome! thank you!

4 REPLIES 4
oldgoat75
I'm a Contributor Level 1

Something like the ASUS Zenfone 2 Laser might be up your alley, if you're looking to spend not-too-much on an unlocked device that equals or exceeds the specs of your previous device. The Snapdragon 615 in the Zenfone won't set any speed records, but it's a solid device overall.  Supposed to get an update to Android 6.0 at some point as well.

*Edited*

AdamBeast
Fido Employee

You can open this site here

Then set options like this: 

search.jpg

You can modify any other option as you want, but the 850Mhz and 1900Mhz support for 2G, 3G and 3.5G must be selected. 

FidoRanya
Former Moderator

Hey Mikepepsi, 

Welcome to the Community, hope you don't miss the UK too much Smiley 

Did you have a chance to view our phones here? My personal taste would recommend you look into the specs of the LG G3/ LG G4 . 

@1234Com any suggestions? 

If you want android just get a Nexus from Google you will get updates first.

The Nexus 5X has a 12mp camera and 2gb memory