Lost phone

Lost phone

Lost phone

Sweetness6645
I'm a Participant Level 3

Lost phone

aturday January 23rd, 2016: lost phone – many attempts to try and find it Sunday January 24th, 2016: log on to online account Try to report phone through the report lost/stolen phone: Pop up appears that this is not available and to dial *234 from Fido phone … the phone is lost Monday January 25th, 2016: Head to the Fido store on the corner of Ste-Catherine and Peel. At first the agent was helpful. Then, he told me I had to pay $ 250 for an upgrade. I advised him that, no, I do not as my contract started December 10th, 2014 and that it was now January 25th, 2016, therefore, the prorated amount was $ 93.75. He insisted that it was $ 250. I once again repeated that my contract started in December 2014, therefore, the amount was $ 93.75. At this point, his attitude changed and told me I had to call customer service to “negotiate” an amount and to come back with a confirmation number for this negotiation. We went around in circles and he told me again, I had to call and then come back. (This is not indicated anywhere on your website). I left very frustrated. Why couldn’t he have called with me on the spot ? He made me feel like I was a worthless customer even though I have been a long time customer of Fido. To add insult to injury: I had been sold the $ 7 a month device protection plan on the basis that “if anything happens to my phone” At no time, did the agent who sold me the phone advise me that this did not apply in Quebec to lost phones. Had I known that, I would have never agreed to pay that in the first place. So that was $ 91 spent for nothing. Back in October, I had called for another issue and found out I was being billed $ 5.00 a month for 200 texts a month, but my plan has unlimited texting. The agent on the phone was very helpful and credited me 3 months, but said he could not go further than that. So that was $ 40 that you guys received and never gave back to me. (11 months – 3 months – therefore, 8 * $ 5) So far, that adds up to $ 131 and whatever Fido Dollars I have, but since the website has changed, I am no longer able to find this amount. In light of this; I feel that should be able to get a phone for free. I would like either the LG4 or the equivalent Samsung . As well, I will request to be credited for the days that I have no phone. So far, we are up to 3 days so: 3 days * 1.83 = $ 5.49 and counting. I know it's my fault that I lost the phone, but I am really disappointed with Fido and their lack of support on this one and I am in contact with Rogers to see what they can do for me. Thanks for reading.

5 REPLIES 5
Cawtau
Senior MVP

Hello Sweetness6645,

Welcome to the forums!

Sorry to hear that you lost your phone. Have you tried to use Google's Android device manager to find your phone? (I'm assuming your phone was an android since you're requesting a LG or Samsung replacement) Apparently, they might be able to locate your phone even if you haven't installed any tracking apps. It's a feature that not many people know about. I refer you here, for more information. They also mention other methods which may also be useful.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

Sweetness6645

Thank you for taking your time to respond; we did try that through my google account, but it couldn't find it. Or maybe I am just not tech savy enough.

KAPABLE-K
MVP

The $250 the agent is saying you have to pay is a like a deductible for the insurance to get the phone replaced. When it comes to insurance it's your duty to understand and read what the insurance will cover and the terms. The person selling you the insurance will just give you the highlights.

The $5 a month that you were being charged for text messages, why did it take 11 month for you to notice this? This does not entitle you to get a free phone.

Hi @Sweetness6645 and welcome to the Community!

I'm sorry that you're unsatisfied with your experience. I'll be more than happy to take a closer look into this with you; I'll be sending you a PM.

Talk to you soon!

Sweetness6645

Thank you FidoMaria Smiley