Lost my iPhone

Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 2 Dani2
I'm a Participant Level 2

Lost my iPhone

Hello just seeking some advice . I just lost my iPhone on public transit and I need it really badly for work . The problem is while I do have device protection I also have an outstanding balance on my account which I have a payment plan in place for in the upcoming week. Will I be required to pay any fees upfront to Fido in order to get a replacement phone? Or can it go on my upcoming bill instead? I am sincerely broke right now and need the phone in order to work . So I am in a bit of a spot. 

Accepted Solution

Re: Lost my iPhone

Hey Dani2! Welcome to our community forums!

I'm so sad to hear that you've lost your phone! Good thing you have the device protection!

In order to get the phone replaced, you can make a claim with Brightstar through this link.

There is an upfront charge for the new phone which would need to be paid by credit card at the time that you make your claim, the exact charge depends on the make and model of the phone. 

Any payment arrangement you may have setup with us won't interfere with your ability to make a claim Smiley

I hope this helps!

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 4
Former Moderator FidoKevin
Former Moderator
Solution

Hey Dani2! Welcome to our community forums!

I'm so sad to hear that you've lost your phone! Good thing you have the device protection!

In order to get the phone replaced, you can make a claim with Brightstar through this link.

There is an upfront charge for the new phone which would need to be paid by credit card at the time that you make your claim, the exact charge depends on the make and model of the phone. 

Any payment arrangement you may have setup with us won't interfere with your ability to make a claim Smiley

I hope this helps!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 4
I'm a Participant Level 2 Dani2
I'm a Participant Level 2

Thank you for your reply ! Is there ever a case where it can be put on your next monthly bill instead of paying upfront ? My funds are very low right now. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 4
Former Moderator FidoMaria
Former Moderator

@Dani2 Since the device protection is processed through Brightstar, the fee needs to be paid to them upfront. It's unfortunately not possible for them to charge it to your Fido bill.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 4