Losing FidoDOLLARS when I recently upgraded

I'm a Participant Level 2 rolfsavella
I'm a Participant Level 2

Losing FidoDOLLARS when I recently upgraded

Hey Fido Customer Service,

Just to get clarification re: this recent info on Fido Programs and the loss of FidoDOLLARS specific to my account/situation.

I recently upgraded my mobile device and data plan in November 2015 and chose not to use my Fido Dollars. I was advised that I could save them for the next hardware upgrade, and I was not informed that I would lose my FidoDOLLARS in July 2016.

Of note, the new plan I signed up for does not earn FidoDOLLARS. 

According to the Update of Fido Programs:

• If you are on a Fido plan that does not earn FidoDOLLARS but still have an accumulated FidoDOLLARS balance, you’ll be able to redeem your FidoDOLLARS until July 6, 2016. 

Is Fido telling me that even though I've recently upgraded (out of pocket), was misinformed that I could save my FidoDOLLARS, and was not told that I would lose them anytime soon, I am now going to lose them if they're not used within the next 3 months? 

I don't need or want to upgrade anytime soon. I should've been encouraged to use my FidoDOLLARS in November. And I should've been informed that I was going to lose them in the near future.

As a longtime custormer and champion of the brand, I don't think I've ever been this upset with Fido. Please clarify if I'm mistaken.

Accepted Solution

Re: Losing FidoDOLLARS when I recently upgraded

Hey @rolfsavella

It's unfortunate you feel this way. The FidoDOLLARS program is indeed being phased out and replaced by other more immediate benefits in our Pulse plans.

You will have up to the 6th of July 2016 to redeem them; unfortunately we are not able to change the dates for the validity period of when these FidoDOLLARS expire. 

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 5
Highlighted
Former Moderator FidoSamantha
Former Moderator

Hey rolfsavella !

Welcome to the community Smiley 

I can definitely understand that you'd like to use your FidoDOLLARS™ and most likely would have, had you known that they'd be expiring this year. At the time you upgraded though, we weren't aware of the FidoDOLLARS™ expiry date.

When upgrading, it's always encouraged that you use your FidoDOLLARS™ and it's actually automatically selected in the system when we process an upgrade. Of course, if you choose not to use them, you can definitely use them at a later time for a new phone, travel packs or select add-ons. In your case, you can always purchase a phone at full price using your FidoDOLLARS™ - after that, the phone is yours to do as you please! If you plan on traveling though, you can use them for travel packs! 

Hope this helps Smiley 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 5

Thanks FidoSamantha, particularly for acknowledging this: 

• "I can definitely understand that you'd like to use your FidoDOLLARS™ and most likely would have, had you known that they'd be expiring this year. At the time you upgraded though, we weren't aware of the FidoDOLLARS™ expiry date." 

Precisely. This is why this isn't fair and why it's difficult to understand from a customer service perspective. I'm hoping that your understanding hints that Fido is flexible, sympathetic, and open to working with customers on a case-by-case basis. Taking a hardline approach on an arbitrarily selected expiry date with no regard for individual cases seems at best, an oversight, but at worst, illogical.

You also mention in your reply:

• "Of course, if you choose not to use them, you can definitely use them at a later time for a new phone, travel packs or select add-ons." 

That's what I was told in November. However, in this case, it sounds like I have to use them by July 16, 2016 or else I lose them. In other words:

• "Of course, if you choose not to use them, you can definitely use them at a later time, - but by July 16, 2016 or I lose them - for a new phone, travel packs or select add-ons."

Is that correct? 

If so, this is a mistep and a failure in your loyalty program. By not allowing loyal customers who have earned 'rewards' year-over-year to use them in a manner that works for their budget, timeline, and lifestyle, you're simply making customers like me, question why we remained loyal at all. 

Again, please confirm that I must to use my FidoDOLLARS by July 16, 2016 or I lose them. Thanks in advance.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 5
Solution

Hey @rolfsavella

It's unfortunate you feel this way. The FidoDOLLARS program is indeed being phased out and replaced by other more immediate benefits in our Pulse plans.

You will have up to the 6th of July 2016 to redeem them; unfortunately we are not able to change the dates for the validity period of when these FidoDOLLARS expire. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 5

That's terrible. I'm sorry to hear this.
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 5 of 5