Long distance incoming call

SOLVED
leemarie2u
I'm a Participant Level 3

I moved and informed FIDO, they told me everything is fine.  For two weeks I been waiting for a call from the nurse whom wasn't able to call me, as it is now long distance.  Yesterday morning FIDO gave me a new number and I gave everyone my number who needed only to find out that everyone calling me it's all long distance again.  Very angry no support from anyone at FiDO.

Accepted Solution

Re: Long distance incoming call

Solved by Former Moderator FidoTerry

Welcome to the community @leemarie2u

Let's make the frustration goes away. Smiley

If you got a new area code and other people are calling you from the same local calling area, they will not be charged for long distance calls. You can find out more in how long distance works here: https://www.fido.ca/consumer/content/local-calling

I'll send you a PM to make sure everything is in order. Very_Happy

View solution in context
8 REPLIES 8
leemarie2u

What does it take to get help?

KAPABLE-K
MVP

@leemarie2u Is the nurse and the others that are calling you in the same local area that you moved to? If not then it could be long distance for them and it has nothing to do with Fido.

leemarie2u

not the case at all

Hey @leemarie2u 

Don't worry about it, we can help you here Smiley

I'm sending you a PM now to get this looked into.

Talk to you soon.

leemarie2u

yes we are all in the same area that I moved to.

Welcome to the community @leemarie2u

Let's make the frustration goes away. Smiley

If you got a new area code and other people are calling you from the same local calling area, they will not be charged for long distance calls. You can find out more in how long distance works here: https://www.fido.ca/consumer/content/local-calling

I'll send you a PM to make sure everything is in order. Very_Happy

leemarie2u

FIDO gave me the new number yesterday based on my location.  So why is this a problem?

leemarie2u

The message asks the person to dial 1 for long distance when they are calling me locally.  We live in the same area.  Not making any sense at all.