Long-distance Calling

Long-distance Calling

Long-distance Calling

SOLVED
Ehtesham
I'm a Participant Level 1

Long-distance Calling

I live in Edmonton and have a Fido $20 plan with a Edmonton phone number.

Do I get charged for calling and recieving calls from my parents who live in Calgary and have a Calgary phone number?

Accepted Solution

Re: Long-distance Calling

Solved by I'm an Expert Level 2

If you are in Edmonton:

-You will be charged long distance for calling a Calgary number (or any number outside of the Edmonton LCA).

-You will not be charged long distance for receiving any calls

If you are in Calgary:

-You will be charged long distance for calling any number outside of the Calgary LCA.

-You will not be charged long distance for calling Calgary numbers

-You will be charged long distance for answering any call regardless of where it originates

View solution in context
5 REPLIES 5
10yearfido
I'm an Expert Level 2

If you are in Edmonton:

-You will be charged long distance for calling a Calgary number (or any number outside of the Edmonton LCA).

-You will not be charged long distance for receiving any calls

If you are in Calgary:

-You will be charged long distance for calling any number outside of the Calgary LCA.

-You will not be charged long distance for calling Calgary numbers

-You will be charged long distance for answering any call regardless of where it originates

troyvstew
I'm a Participant Level 1

What if you call between two lines on the same account? How does long distance work for that? One also has Fido to Fido unlimited while the other does not.

10yearfido
I'm an Expert Level 2

@troyvstew wrote:

What if you call between two lines on the same account? How does long distance work for that? One also has Fido to Fido unlimited while the other does not.

Calls between numbers on the same account is what Fido calls 'Calling Circles' (different that the industry definition, which usually means thinks like "My5" or "Call10"). It only applies to local calls (or airtime). It does not affect long distance charges at all. My previous example still holds for calls between Calgary and Edmonton, even if they are on the same account. The only thing the 'calling circle' would impact would be that the callers would only be charged applicable LD fees but the calls would not incur airime deductions/fees.

The other option you are asking about, Fido to Fido, has to be added to your account or exist in your plan. It also has no bearing on long distance charges only airtime fees.

Bhupi
I'm Helpful Level 3

I have long distance call include for my both line in same account. One Montreal and other Toronto number. Can I make free call each other any time as circle call? Or Fido will charge it from my air time?
My one line day time minutes is 150 and other have 200 minutes.
Both line have unlimited evening n weekend & Long distance include
FidoJudhy
Former Moderator

Hey Bhupi!

If you have Circle Calling on both lines as well as unlimited Canadian long distance, you will not be using airtime and will not be billed long distance for calling from a line to the other.