Lg g5 not sending text messages

Danicc
I'm a Contributor Level 1

My phone takes forever to send texts. If I restart it it works for a little bit and then acts up again. I've gotten a new SIM and its still not working. Help! This is a new phone and I'm getting really frustrated

11 REPLIES 11
KAPABLE-K
MVP

Hello @Danicc,

Are you using the stock messaging app or a third party app?

Can you disable LTE and try sending a message and see if the problem goes away.

Danicc

Disabled LTE and its still not working. I can receive but not send. And some go through but still says sending.

@Danicc disable LTE and restart the phone, is your phone a Fido phone? Double check the APN settings also you can find that here.

Danicc

Ok disabled and restarted and still not working.

@Danicc try clearing your cache partition, go to settings then storage and you should see it in there, also do you have alot of text messages stored on the phone if so try clearing a few and see if it helps.

Danicc

Nope. Still not working. In order to send a text I have to restart my phone.

Hey @Danicc,

Welcome to our Community!

We'll be happy to check this out with you!

Can you let me know what happens when you try to send yourself a text message? Can you test it out and let me know if you receive it?

Also, can we make sure that the Message Center Number is set up properly in the Settings? You can find it in Messaging - Menu - Settings - More - Text Messages - Service Center Number. The number in there should be +15149931123.

Let me know, if everything's set up properly and you're still experiencing the issue I'll send you a PM to take a closer look at your account Smiley

Danicc

Hi. Yes the number is the same you gave me. When I reboot my phone and send a text to myself it goes through right away. After a while when it starts messing up again ill send a text to myself and it will have a spinning thing and it will say sending and I get it about half an hour later and it will still show it as sending even though I received it.

Thanks for trying that, @Danicc!

I'll send you a PM shortly to check it out.

Talk to you soon Smiley

Danicc

It is fido phone. I went and upgraded about 2 weeks ago and have been having issues since. I disabled the LTE but didn't restart. I will now.
Danicc

I am just using the normal messaging app that is on the phone. I will try to disable the LTE. I also checked the number and it looks normal.